+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: DET/DAL/NO idea

Honestly, if you made a team out of players that Joe has drafted, it wouldn't be too bad.

Stuckey/White
    Afflalo/Delfino
    Prince/Daye/Jerebko
    Monroe/Johnson
    Okur/Milicic/Maxiell

That's a helluva team, bro.

Blog Entries
    That's a lottery team.
    Find a new slant.

Maybe.
    But it's got pieces.

What pisses me off about Joe is how talent he's chosen has left us, and that he passed up on some clear impact players in other spots.

Do you want me to make a team we COULD have Drafted?

You got Stuckey at PG! You lose!

Didn't everyone want Ty Lawson? And Mario Chalmers? That be a nice PG pairing...

Stuckey and Afflalo at SG

Prince with Jerebko at SF

Bigs?

Chris Bosh, Greg Monroe, David Lee, Mehmet Okur and DaJuan Blair... nice combo IMO
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Well, yeah.
    Take the team of players Joe drafted that are still in the league and replace those that aren't legitimate players in the league:
    Add DeJuan Blair instead of DeJuan Summers. And keep Chase Budinger.
    Say, Goran Dragic instead of Rodney White.
    Turkoglu instead of Rodney White.

I'm telling you, he's only made a few glaring mistakes in the draft. He only has a few draft picks to his name that are unexpectedly out of the league.

Only made a few glaring mistakes?

I could provide a list of guys we should have Drafted every year that turned out better than the guys we took until very recently...

I think from Stuckey onwards the organisation has done well with their picks for the most part... but before that? We were fucking useless.

And even since Stuckey you could pick some quality guys we should have taken instead of who we did take.

Lawson, Chalmers and Blair being the obvious 3

You masturbate each time you get to make that post.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    You masturbate each time you get to make that post.
    No I don't, it's fucking depressing dude.

The fact is we could not Draft well while we were a contender.

And that impacts everything - it put more miles on the legs of our core, it meant we had few assets to trade when the time came to rebuild and it means we are where we are right fucking now!

You think I'm happy about that shit? You think I want us to draft poorly? To waste $18 million of cap space? To be in ownership limbo?

Anything that negatively impacts the team I hate! I want us to win plain and simple...

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Only made a few glaring mistakes?

I could provide a list of guys we should have Drafted every year that turned out better than the guys we took until very recently...

I think from Stuckey onwards the organisation has done well with their picks for the most part... but before that? We were fucking useless.

And even since Stuckey you could pick some quality guys we should have taken instead of who we did take.

Lawson, Chalmers and Blair being the obvious 3
    I could too. Anybody could. Any fan of any team, at that.

Yeah, two all-stars and Hedo Turkoglu were picked after Mateen Cleaves. We already know this was a bust pick, and this entire draft was a bust. Joe gets a pass.
    Brian Cardinal was actually the BPA. Credit to Joe.

Five All-Stars (not including Okur) were selected after Rodney White. Currently, Arenas and Johnson have insane contracts, Tony Parker is making Rip money and is becoming increasingly injury prone. We could still end up with Zach Randolph and Gerald Wallace, however. Johnson was the only player close to where White was selected. We'd have done well with Richard Jefferson or Troy Murphy, however. Joe did mess this one up (I was a huge Troy Murphy fan).
    Mehmet Okur was the BPA.

Prince was the BPA save for Carlos Boozer, drafted 11 spots later. Win for Joe.

2003 was depressing and we all know this.
    I'd have loved to come out of that draft with Wade/Kendrick Perkins/Marquis Daniels, but alas we took Darko/Delfino/Glyniadakis. However, Darko and Delfino are both starters in the NBA. In fact, 20 of the 33 players drafted after Delfino are out of the league.

Rickey Paulding was considered the BPA back then and even today there's nobody I regret passing up.

Yeah, Joe messed up twice by reaching for Maxiell (instead of taking David Lee) and then extending him to such a contract. Amir Johnson however has been the BPA. We'll see if Gortat changes that, but even then they have similar per36 numbers with Amir having a slight advantage.

In 2006 Joe's big blunder was not taking JJ Barea over Will Blalock. Boohoo.

I'd rather have Aaron Brooks on this team than Rodney Stuckey, but 11 spots later? I'd also like to have Wilson Chandler on this roster Only Marc Gasol is a clearly better player than Arron Afflalo, and I think Joe can be forgiven for not having a guy selected 20 spots later on his radar. Joe definitely did not fail with either of these selections (except for giving Afflalo away).

We're all mad about Walter Sharpe. Deron Washington was actually one of the BPAs, even factoring in undrafted players. It'd be nice to have Semih Erden on the team, I guess.

Jerebko was a win. Daye could be. In our current situation I'd rather have Lawson. I was pissed about not taking DeJuan Blair and still am. I wish we had kept Budinger.

Monroe was the BPA and nobody drafted after Terrico White is setting the world on fire.

Honestly, Joe hasn't done a truly bad job in the draft EXCEPT FOR 2001 and 2003.
    Last edited by lospistones; 01-31-2011 at 02:15 AM.

Well, you don't want me to go back through most of those Drafts...

And it seems like you're saying "oh, well this quality player was drafted 20 spots later so you can't blame Joe for missing him"...

Of course you can blame the scouts and Joe for missing the guy - it's their job to find the best prospect... if they miss a stud then that's on them

But I've done this so many times... it's fucking depressing dude. David Lee and not Maxiell. Lawson and not Daye. Blair and not Summers. Chalmers and not Sharpe.

Bosh and not Darko... that's the big one... whatever dude - it's fucking pathetic

+ Reply to Thread