+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: currently reading

currently reading

just recently have been reading quite a bit, after hardly not at all except work stuff for a few years.

right now, im actually reading 3 books, sort of.

1)

rather meh. im almost done. not my type of book, only reading it because it was 1$ at a book sale and i'd seen it on must read lists. its not that. i've got 40 pages to go and i feel like im still waiting for the book to get going. some cool parts here or there, but not what i was hoping.

2)

this one's way out there for me. its a bit of a precursor to sex and the city... not exactly going to sell people on the book but reading it you can tell that they completely ripped jung off. i hate her 1/2 the time, but it is pretty funny / interesting as well at times. the author is of the 'batshit crazy ho bag' variety of female, which perhaps is under represented in the literary ranks.

3)

this book is kicking my ass. i've read about 100 pages, and maybe a third of them i was completely lost. sparknotes.com is pretty much required rider. painful to read sometimes, but its almost universally considered the best book fo the 20th century, which is why i wanted to read it. im somewhat optimistic that its getting easier to read.

When Corporations Rule the World
    - David Korten

Better than I expected.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Harpers/Smithsonian.
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I'm reading The Invisible Gorilla at the moment.

http://www.theinvisiblegorilla.com/

rofl
    Players meeting my ASS!

just finished city of z. not very good.

howeva, it was my toilet reading material, meaning i need something new. any suggestions? for that task, i prefer something light and non fiction.

Sam Harris' The Moral Landscape is light (sadly) and non-fiction. It's not very good but it's new (came out in Oct 2010)

The History of Money is good until it gets to modern finance.

The Riddle of the Compass: The Invention that Changed the World is both good and light. I read it, literally, while walking around Boston with a couple of girls who where mind-numbingly boring.
    STEW BEEF!

Sam Harris' The Moral Landscape is light (sadly) and non-fiction. It's not very good but it's new (came out in Oct 2010)

The History of Money is good until it gets to modern finance.

The Riddle of the Compass: The Invention that Changed the World is both good and light. I read it, literally, while walking around Boston with a couple of girls who where mind-numbingly boring.
    STEW BEEF!

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Sam Harris seems to be at his best when he's really pissed off about something.

I read "Under The Banner of Heaven" recently and was ... just really freaked out. Great book, but it changed how I look at Mormons.

Now I'm reading Lord of the Rings again.

+ Reply to Thread