+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rip to Philly Makes Too Much Sense?

Rip to Philly Makes Too Much Sense?

Is it just me or is Rip's "hometown" team THE obvious destination for him?

It would appear (to an outsider) that they have plenty of people they'd like to dump and/or swap for Ri chard Hamilton - a guy who may (or may not) sell some tickets while providing veteran leadership to a young backcourt.

One look at there roster/contracts tells you they could pony up enough assets that we should be willing to accept...

So other than our ownership situation why the fuck isn't "Hamilton to Philly" a big rumour?

It just seems to make so much sense for the Sixers and obviously for us.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I've heard Philly is happy with their team and thinks they can make the playoffs with the group they have. Philly won't do a Rip for Brand trade. I'd do a Rip for Kapono and Songaila trade, but I don't think Philly would, because of the additional money they'd have to commit to next year's cap (it could stop them from re-signing Thaddeus Young).

The best possibility is probably Rip and Summers for Kapono and Nocioni.
    Last edited by shags; 01-23-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Blog Entries
    They were a better fit before they drafted Evan Turner.

/muppet
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glanny Ice View Post
    They were a better fit before they drafted Evan Turner.

/muppet
    Turner comes off the bench, though. They start Jodie Meeks at SG. I'm not sure Turner has an NBA position.

But you're point that Philly may not want to trade is correct.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Turner is a SF, the Sixers already have 2 ugly contracts in Igoudala and Brand (and they are producing) they wont take on RIP for anything

i think a Brand / RIP+filler deal could be made before the season, but now its too late

I wasn't thinking of Brand. I think that ship sailed on Draft Day (a lot of ships sailed away this past off-season).

I was more thinking along the lines of Iguodala, Nocioni and Hawes and a pick (of some kind) for Tayshaun, Rip and Wilcox.

Or put Kapono in there. Or Songaila. Or Speights instead of Hawes...

IF they took that Iggy, Noc, Hawes + a 1st round pick (Not their 2011 pick. I'd even put Lotto protection on their 2012 pick but 2013 would only top 5 protected... We'd get the pick for taking the added salary from Noc and Iggy) for Tay, Rip and Wilcox deal...

For the rest of the season they become: Brand, Young, Prince, Rip, Holiday, Williams, Turner, Wilcox, Speights

After the lockout they let Prince walk and retain Thad Young. Turner steps into the starting SF spot and surely they can get someone to handle minutes up front (via the Draft or MLE)

They'd have Brand and Rip as the veteran leadership. Turner, Holiday and even Williams and Young bringing the youth. That's a nice core of 6 players and they'd have SF, SG and PG covered for a while.

For the rest of this season we'd become: Big Ben, Monroe, Iguodala, McGrady, Stuckey, Bynum, BG, Daye, Nocioni, Nova, Hawes

After the lockout only McGrady walks (gos to a contender) and we become:

C: Hawes/Monroe/Big Ben
    F: Monroe/Jerebko/Nova/Nocioni/Maxiell
    F: Iguodala/Jerebko/Daye
    G: Stuckey/BG/Iguodala/Daye
    G: Stuckey/Bynum

Still leaves us with no real PG but that's why you have a Draft and the MLE...

But we'd also have Nocioni and Maxiell as expiring contracts next season to attempt to trade for a PG. And due to the size of their contracts you basically cover every PG in the league salary wise. Throw in Daye and the pick we'd have coming from Philly and maybe, just maybe we could land someone worth starting at PG...

I don't know - just spit balling here...

I doubt they move Brand - he's been pretty good.

Blog Entries
    Corey (Philly)
    I know the sixers are playing well but watching the games, it seems like it due to the resurgence of Brand, the emergence of Holiday and the bench. Iguodala needs to go... chances this happens?

Chad Ford (1:20 PM)
    If the Sixers can make the right deal, I think it happens. But I don't think the right deal has come along. They are winning now, so they aren't desperate. I also think Thaddeus Young could be available. He's a restricted free agent this summer and I think the Sixers feel they can't afford to pay him. Evan Turner is another possibility to be moved ... again if they get the right deal.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread