+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NBA LOCKOUT

The NHL used this method for that case:

The loss of the 2004–05 season meant that there were no results on which to base the order of the 2005 entry draft. The league settled on a lottery system in which all teams had a weighted chance at the first pick, expected to be Sidney Crosby. The lottery was tilted so teams with fewer playoff appearances over the last three seasons and fewer number one overall picks over the last four seasons had a better chance of landing higher picks. The complete order was determined by the lottery, and the 2005 draft was conducted in a "snake" style, meaning in even rounds, the draft order was reversed. This system was an attempt to compromise between those who felt all teams should have had an equal chance at the first pick and those who felt only the weaker teams should have been in the running.
    I like the idea of tilting it over a period like that so the richest don't get richer.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Snake draft! Yes!
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Lockout tonight?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    What's interesting to me is all of these players talking about playing overseas for a year. If they start signing and going, even if they try to do a 50-60 game NBA season, there could be a bunch of name-brand players stuck overseas.

Talk about a *tainted championship.
    Find a new slant.

I assume most players would have an opt out clause if the NBA were to resume play.

Blog Entries
    Check out nba.com

No pics of active players, lol.
    Find a new slant.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    With the NBA deciding to implement a lockout after failing to negotiate a new collective bargaining agreement with the Players Association, teams are now forbidden from having any contact with players. That’s why Paul planned to spend Thursday afternoon playing golf with Greenup. Paul has planned for Greenup to be in his wedding in September, but if the lockout hasn’t been lifted, Greenup will need special permission from the league to even attend.
    “The past three or four days we’ve been together all day every day because starting tomorrow I can’t talk to one of my closest friends,” Paul said.

Life promises to be awkward for Paul and most other players during the NBA’s first work stoppage since the 1998-99 lockout. The league gave team officials a long list of people connected to players that they can’t communicate with, including agents, family members, personal staff, workout guys and shoe representatives. Several sources said the league office is intent on cracking down on any violations, proposing hefty fines to teams and individuals and possibly even firings. If team officials have a chance encounter with players, they are ordered to record details of the meeting and report it.

NBA.com and team websites can’t program pictures or video of players. Employees in team ticket offices can’t mention players’ names when trying to sell season-ticket packages. One assistant coach has asked for permission for a player to be in his wedding.

“It’s crazy,” Paul said.

League and team officials can’t call, text, email or tweet players. Facebook is out, too. The league might even check phone records of team employees to ensure no contact is taking place. Spouses of team employees also have been instructed not to speak with players’ wives or girlfriends, one source said. Nor can teams help players purchase tickets to events in their arenas – like concerts – during the work stoppage.

“I told one of my coworkers that you know this is serious when we are getting briefed about it with all the vice presidents of the team in the room,” one team official said.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl..._impact_063011

Blog Entries
    Wonder if any of our guys will head overseas? Maybe Yonas?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Gilbert Arenas: well ive been thur a lock out..i was lockout 50 games last year sooo this is not gonna be anything new o me
    Find a new slant.

Greeny ripped on a lot of player tweets this morning on M&M. Kaman wrote: looks like the unemployment rate just went up.

I loled.

+ Reply to Thread