+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NBA LOCKOUT

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Do the NBA players get to file for unemployment while this is happening??

Blog Entries
    Lots of reports today of players looking to head overseas. This might move quickly, because it sounds like there are a limited amount of Euro spots available, which is why Krstic went so quickly a few weeks ago. There's always China, too.

Just saw a great question/point made on twitter. Did Stern's desire/push to expand the game internationally make the lockout less effective as a bargaining strategy?
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glanville View Post
    Just saw a great question/point made on twitter. Did Stern's desire/push to expand the game internationally make the lockout less effective as a bargaining strategy?
    It could cut both ways. If Stern wanted the show to go on, he has a large body of professional "scabs" to tap from.

Blog Entries
    True, true. If those scabs can get out of those contracts, that is.
    Find a new slant.

You guys ever find it funny that its always the guys with the millions in contracts and edorsements are the ones who say they are willing to sit out the next season?

Blog Entries
    The lockout saved Mike Beasley from a suspension for mary jane possession.
    Find a new slant.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glanville View Post
    I think the top level salaries are just so much higher here though, it would be difficult for this to work for the players long-term. Sure, foreign teams are willing to make a splash with a couple players for big money, or even several players for a year or two, but they just don't have the infrastructure and TV money to make that work on a long-term basis.

It could be made to happen in theory, sure, but you're talking 4-5 years and a massive investment to make it so, and I doubt anyone's really going to risk all that money just to see the lockout end in 8 months and the plan become worthless.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEN'S FRO View Post
    You guys ever find it funny that its always the guys with the millions in contracts and edorsements are the ones who say they are willing to sit out the next season?
    That's what was just so stupid of the NFLPA putting Brady and Manning as the face of their lawsuit. Not going to win yourself much sympathy.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    I think the top level salaries are just so much higher here though, it would be difficult for this to work for the players long-term. Sure, foreign teams are willing to make a splash with a couple players for big money, or even several players for a year or two, but they just don't have the infrastructure and TV money to make that work on a long-term basis.

It could be made to happen in theory, sure, but you're talking 4-5 years and a massive investment to make it so, and I doubt anyone's really going to risk all that money just to see the lockout end in 8 months and the plan become worthless.
    I agree about the limited long-term viability of big name players staying overseas for 4+ years, but how badly does it hurt the NBA if it even has to go a year or two without a handful of major stars, I think it hurts a lot.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread