+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 2011 NBA LOCKOUT

So we are all in agreement? BG

Meeting adjourned.

edit...also damn, I wish there'd be some more basketball to discuss. I'm starting to give a shit.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I actually can't believe I care enough during the lockout to check here everyday!

Imagine how much we'd fucking care if our team was good!
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

These fucking assholes are arguing over 2.5% of revenues, if I'm not mistaken. Whatever the fuck the god damn number is, just put that amount (2.5 fucking percent) in a god damn escrow fucking account and START THE SEASON you bunch of jerk off mother fuckin cock suckin asshole faggets. Continue to argue and when you finally agree, pay out whatever goes to the players and the other to the owners for fuck sake. Punish those of us who pay your out of control salaries? You bunch of faggets.

There's my solution to start the season.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Greedy stupid assholes, i cant believe they cant get a compromise done! They are fighting over 100 mil a year, when you are talking about 4 billion total revenue, ridiculous.

Yeah them pussy ass bitch mofos...... uh, what are we talking about again?...
    Oh yeah, those greedy butt grindin', ass lickin, pole sittin bastards better end this shit soon.
    I vote we rename the thread "Lockout therapy"... mother fuckers!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    NEW YORK—Though lockout talks between owners and the players union remain stalled, league officials said late Monday they were still optimistic a deal could be reached in time to salvage a 10-game NBA season. "If we continue to push ourselves through 13-hour days as we have been, we’re probably only six or seven months away from breaking the impasse," NBA commissioner David Stern told reporters. "We know the fans want to see this season happen, so we’re doing everything in our power to give them a whole week of games in early April before their team hits the offseason." If a deal does come in time to hold the short season, Stern promised fans, the NBA playoffs will still seem about 30 weeks long.

LOL
    Players meeting my ASS!

Fuck the lockout, fuck everyone involved in all this bullshit. All i fucking hear from them is how the other side is at fault and not bargaining in good faith. newsflash assholes, NOONE GIVES A FLYING FUCK WHOSE FAULT IT IS!!!! Suck it the fuck up the lot of you.
    Hunter and Stern should be shot for the way this has been handled.

i needed that. if only i could shout in their faces rather than type it in caps, would be much better therapy.
    god dam these guys are cunts

So Stern, the 29 owners and the Player's Union reps probably just flushed $1 billion down the drain?

Why?

Because of a "repeat luxury tax" clause?

Because of a smaller MLE for teams over the tax threshold?

Based on everything I've read and seen on the lockout the whole thing has been one long squash match with the NBA/Owners playing Goldberg and kicking the living shit out out of the players (played by Barry Horowitz)

From 57% to 50%? WOW!

But it still wasn't enough?

Once the players agreed to drop that much dough the league should have caved in on the "system" issues the Union brought up.

The NBA does realise that there are other major sporting competitions around the world, right?

I don't NEED the NBA in my life. I CHOOSE to support a team in it and watch it. I can EASILY choose otherwise
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Nice post Pharaoh... it would seem that both sides are now realizing this is gonna hurt like hell... that's when a deal gets done.

+ Reply to Thread