+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip Hamilton situation (aka SHITSTORM v4.1)

Other realities include trade Rip for a better player with a worse contract and let him hang around till his contract is expiring. Eh, cheaper to just get a new coach.

Blog Entries
    The Pistons have tried trading Hamilton to several teams, but the two years and $21 million remaining on his contract makes moving him a difficult task. He was expecting to be part of the three-way deal that would have sent both him and Denver's Carmelo Anthony to New Jersey, but that deal collapsed. "I can't trade myself. I'm not the one who will make that decision,'' Hamilton said when asked if he wanted to be traded. "I see what's going on. Everyone sees it. It's just been very difficult. They don't have to tell me anything. The way they are doing stuff tells me what they're thinking. But it doesn't make it any easier.'' FanHouse.com

Could this back-and-forth saga ultimately lead to a buyout? That's not likely. With the current ownership situation, who would OK cutting Hamilton a $15-million check? Also, the recent activity with the Nets and Nuggets proves there is still trade value for Hamilton, despite the $21.5 million he is owed over the next two seasons. And it's not like the cap issues go away. Though the Pistons would get some savings from a buyout, the cap is spread out over the life of the contract, which, in this case, is two more seasons. Detroit Free Press
    Find a new slant.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    if he is still here after the deadline things could get really ugly really quick

Send him to Philly.
    Hamilton and a small contract (would it have to be Jerebko?) for Nocioni and Songaila? All that really does is move a malcontent and shave 5+ million off the books next year.

McGrady/Bynum
    Stuckey/Gordon
    Prince/Daye/Nocioni
    Monroe/Villanueva
    Wallace/Wilcox

Blog Entries
    I'd rather keep Rip (fire Kuester) than lose Jerebko.

Much rather trade Gordon (yeah, right) or Stuckey than lose Jerebko, too.
    Find a new slant.

Can't ditch JJ till we over pay him for being a hustle player with a limited skill set.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    When will they be forced to go with "back spasms" or "strained hamstring" instead of "flu-like symptoms"? Can't stretch this out much more, can they?
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I could believe that Rip had the flu. It's been going around.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glanny Ice View Post
    When will they be forced to go with "back spasms" or "strained hamstring" instead of "flu-like symptoms"? Can't stretch this out much more, can they?
    Looks like they're going to roll with "internal decision". Q was so carefully (and obviously) prepped on how to handle that last night in his Kue & A.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread