+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip Hamilton situation (aka SHITSTORM v4.1)

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?

Rip Hamilton situation (aka SHITSTORM v4.1)

what happens with RIP if he cant be dealt =?

Blog Entries
    Moved this into its own thread.

To me, there are only two options if Joe can't move Rip by the deadline.

1. Fire Kuester, new coach inherits Rip.

2. Keep adding/bundling assets until someone bites on a Rip package.

If he hasn't already, Joe may end up having to do something desperate like include Daye or a very good pick to get Rip off the books.

Stuckey even?

Hopefully we don't end up giving away Tay's contract just to rid ourselves of Rip's.
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    This "throw Rip under the bus" crap is getting old.

BG hasn't responded any better as a starter, and his contract makes him as much of a boat anchor as Rip's, if not moreso. The man was SMOY off the bench. He shouldn't need 40 mpg to be productive.

Stuckey has been a better starting SG, perhaps, but his overall per-48 minute scoring and eFG% are virtually identical to Rip's. And I'm still not sold on his health after his fainting spells the past couple years.

I'd like to trade ALL of them. Really.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy View Post
    I'm with you.

Are any of these guys key players on a future contending team? I don't think so. If that's true, then they should be on the next train.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy View Post
    This "throw Rip under the bus" crap is getting old.

BG hasn't responded any better as a starter, and his contract makes him as much of a boat anchor as Rip's, if not moreso. The man was SMOY off the bench. He shouldn't need 40 mpg to be productive.

Stuckey has been a better starting SG, perhaps, but his overall per-48 minute scoring and eFG% are virtually identical to Rip's. And I'm still not sold on his health after his fainting spells the past couple years.

I don't see it as throwing him under the bus but just glad to have some movement on the roster. Kind of like an old person just glad to have some movement.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    i m with you guys...trade them all, my worst fear: RIP and Gordon are still here in the summer, and somewhat Dumars resigns Stuckey = 3 headed 30+ million SG monster, and still no decent PG on the roster

but Arenas, Lewis and Hedo(twice! for god sake) got traded, i believe its hard to trade them, but its not impossible...Monroe, Jerebko, Daye, these are the keepers, all other guys can go

I think the next CBA will feature some sort of amnesty provision (like the Allan Houston exception), and the Pistons will use that on Rip. Ideally, they could trade Rip and use it on Maxiell.

Blog Entries
    IIRC, the amnesty provision just assisted teams from a cap/tax perspective, they still had to pay the contracts out. So you think that the Pistons will pay Rip in full to just go away?
    Find a new slant.

What's funny is that the only players on our roster who I think could be pieces on a contending team are Prince and Monroe. Everyone else is completely expendable IMO.

+ Reply to Thread