+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Repeal of ObamaCare or WaiverCare or something...

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Especially the way it was shoved down peeps throats. It should be repealed for that reason alone.
    Some things don't make sense unless you force them to.

Having said that, we live in a representative democracy, and the reps were not shoved down peeps throats.

The way a whole lot of politics happens involves shoving things down peeps throats. If you're objecting to the process, by all means, suggest a better way to fix it. Keep in mind that we live in a society where a quarter of the population believes in astrology. We live in a society where 40% of folks feel the earth was created <10000 years ago. We have monied interested who always strive to game the system. "Pretty please may I" ain't gonna cut it. Reasonable arguments don't work with unreasonable people.

I've heard that many studies have shown that repealing it would cost us hundreds of thousands of jobs. There are tax breaks in the bill for small businesses that allow them to hire more people based on health care costing the business less. The pre-existing stuff is good and so is allowing kids to be on their parent's insurance until 26.

As I mentioned I'm not sure they can mandate coverage. The only other argument I see against it is the impact on immediate debt.

I think the GOP should stop wasting their time on this and look at shoring up defense spending. That is where all our money is being wasted. No other country spends the % we do on defense. They could easily eliminate our debt by cutting that.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy View Post
    Some things don't make sense unless you force them to.

Having said that, we live in a representative democracy, and the reps were not shoved down peeps throats.

The way a whole lot of politics happens involves shoving things down peeps throats. If you're objecting to the process, by all means, suggest a better way to fix it. Keep in mind that we live in a society where a quarter of the population believes in astrology. We live in a society where 40% of folks feel the earth was created <10000 years ago. We have monied interested who always strive to game the system. "Pretty please may I" ain't gonna cut it. Reasonable arguments don't work with unreasonable people.
    Let the other side take part in the discussion.

Instead BO and Botox Nanci said... "We won"

So go for it. Now hopefully the bill that was shoved down peeps throats will get shoved up the peeps asses who did that.

It was ridiculous. And for peeps to act like it was a normal process is crazy. 2200 pages? 2300 pages? I forgot. But the Repubs were kept out of the deal.

It will be a long process to repeal and is still a 40/60 chance at repeal, but its still worth trying. When you have peeps like Harry Reid, who won't even let the bill come to the floor of the Senate, you end up blocking the will of the peeps. Whether it goes down or not, he should let the bill come up for a vote. Thats the kind of stuff that will spur another election like we just had.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris View Post
    I've heard that many studies have shown that repealing it would cost us hundreds of thousands of jobs. There are tax breaks in the bill for small businesses that allow them to hire more people based on health care costing the business less. The pre-existing stuff is good and so is allowing kids to be on their parent's insurance until 26.

As I mentioned I'm not sure they can mandate coverage. The only other argument I see against it is the impact on immediate debt.

I think the GOP should stop wasting their time on this and look at shoring up defense spending. That is where all our money is being wasted. No other country spends the % we do on defense. They could easily eliminate our debt by cutting that.
    Studies, studies, studies. Its like the CBO numbers that Mxy posted that said ObamaCare wouldn't add to the debt. We found out later that the crooked Dems really did an injustice to the American peeps by feeding the CBO a crock of doo for numbers. They should be investigated, imo. They kept money out, they did the 10 years collection of dough for 6 years of service and some services don't even start to drain the pool of money till year 11. It really is a travesty what the Dems did. And we saw the result in Novembers election.

As far as defense spending, I agree. We need to cut spending. I think part of it is to pull out of NATO a lil bit. Let Europe defend itself. Plus there's other places that I'm sure they could cut in defense.

But I am a conservative that believes a strong defense should be the number 1 priority with our tax dollars. I know you don't agree with that, but it could be cut, just make sure we're still strong.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I'm good with defense being the biggest chunk of spending (the #1 function of a government should be to create a safe environment for it's citizens).

But, do we really need that extra stealth bomber? What about a sub that costs billions? The cold war has been over for a while, what are we doing with these subs? And don't get me started on the overspending on private contractors that goes on. Soldiers get shitty overpriced equipment and we foot the bill. It's a huge undertaking I am sure, but one that needs to be done. The problem is the GOP platform is built on strong defense and until they tackle it, it simply won't be done. If the Dems tackle that you know the GOP would campaign on the Dems opening us to terrorism.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris View Post
    I'm good with defense being the biggest chunk of spending (the #1 function of a government should be to create a safe environment for it's citizens).

But, do we really need that extra stealth bomber? What about a sub that costs billions? The cold war has been over for a while, what are we doing with these subs? And don't get me started on the overspending on private contractors that goes on. Soldiers get shitty overpriced equipment and we foot the bill. It's a huge undertaking I am sure, but one that needs to be done. The problem is the GOP platform is built on strong defense and until they tackle it, it simply won't be done. If the Dems tackle that you know the GOP would campaign on the Dems opening us to terrorism.
    We will never know the answers to those questions as that is sensitive material.

I think China just added about 30 submarines to their fleet. They have increased their defense spending by over 400% this past year. At least thats what we think we know. Clearly they are spending on defense and that means offensive weapons too.
    Players meeting my ASS!

And Gates was just embarrassed in China as they tested their new Fighter.
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Studies, studies, studies. Its like the CBO numbers that Mxy posted that said ObamaCare wouldn't add to the debt. We found out later that the crooked Dems really did an injustice to the American peeps by feeding the CBO a crock of doo for numbers. They should be investigated, imo. They kept money out, they did the 10 years collection of dough for 6 years of service and some services don't even start to drain the pool of money till year 11. It really is a travesty what the Dems did. And we saw the result in Novembers election.
    The election results have a whole lot more to do with ~10% unemployment and general economic conditions than healthcare. FWIW, I'd argue the unemployment #s are more "cooked" than the healthcare savings #s ever were. The real things to do to save money with healthcare reform involve allowing the guv'mint to collectively bargain with the drug dealers and allowing folks to buy Medicare or other public option to keep the other insurers honest. That hasn't happened and you're getting shit like:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mone...ate-hikes.html

Unemployment numbers are jacked. They don't account for under-employed for one thing. You could have an engineer working at McDonald's because he can't find a good job and it won't count as unemployed.

The defense thing really could be a thread of its own. While defense spending is expensive and like all areas of government a careful accounting could find things to trim, it is a little bit of a red herring when it comes to the debt in two ways. First, it is dwarfed by health care and entitlements. They are the elephant in the room and a sub here or a missile there is the bowl of peanuts on the table. Second, it's not the maintenance of a solid defense and deterrent that is wrecking us right now, it is perpetual war. This shit has to stop. Yesterday, if not sooner.

+ Reply to Thread