+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rip Trades

Blog Entries
    I be all for it, I think we discussed that option and a few other TPE options before the database crash.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Anyone on this? It may be one of the only realistic options we have. The Cavs' wings are so bad, they need to do something, and they sure as hell aren't getting Melo or anything with their cap space. Does Joe say no because he's overvaluing our guys? Does he say no because he doesn't want to do that to Rip?
    How does that make sense for Cleveland? Why do they want to take on a long term contract when they're clearly in rebuilding mode? Who cares whether they win more games this year?

I would think the Pistons would have to sweeten the deal with this years unprotected first round draft pick, for Cleveland's top 55 protected 2nd rounder, for the Cavs to even consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by lospistones View Post
    Rip to Utah:
    Rip/Wilcox/McGrady for Kirilenko?

Williams/Watson
    Hamilton/Bell/Price
    McGrady/Miles
    Millsap/Elson/Wilcox
    Jefferson/Fesenko
    No chance Utah does that. They're still not winning the title with that team, which doesn't make the long term money they're taking on make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by lospistones View Post
    Rip to Philly revisited:

Nocioni/Songaila for Rip?
    Nocioni/Songaila for Rip and McGrady?
    Nocioni/Songaila/Speights for Rip/McGrady?
    Nocioni/Songaila/Speights for Rip/McGrady/Wilcox? http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4rtyfcg

Would you/they do any of these?
    I think the most realistic Philly trade is Nocioni/Kapono for Hamilton/Summers/Toronto 2nd rounder.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    How does that make sense for Cleveland? Why do they want to take on a long term contract when they're clearly in rebuilding mode? Who cares whether they win more games this year?

I would think the Pistons would have to sweeten the deal with this years unprotected first round draft pick, for Cleveland's top 55 protected 2nd rounder, for the Cavs to even consider it.
    There comes a point where a team has to make desperate moves just to reach the bottom threshold of acceptable NBA talent. They're certainly not going to attract any free agents as is, and they may need to make moves just to lessen the embarrassment of the whole situation. Never underestimate the pride of an owner like Gilbert.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Since I dissed every trade, I'll come up with my own.

Detroit trades Rip and Wilcox, receives Mohammed, Haywood, and the Mavs 2011 1st rounder
    Dallas trades Haywood and 2011 1st rounder, receives Stephen Jackson and Wilcox
    Charlotte trades Jackson, receives Rip

That's the type of trade I think the Pistons will have to accept for Rip. An expiring plus a slightly worse contract (think Haywood, Childress, even Ron Artest).

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    No chance Utah does that. They're still not winning the title with that team, which doesn't make the long term money they're taking on make sense.
    Probably not on the title.
    But would they be better until the summer of 2013, when everybody except Gordon Hayward expires?

Orlando is desperate for backup big. Would they do JR for RIP/Wilcox?:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4duy332
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Rip and Wilcox to Charlotte for Mohammed and Diop.

This is effectively a partial buyout via trade. We save 2 million this year, about 5.5 the next, and about 5 the year after. We go small for big.

McGrady/Bynum
    Stuckey/Gordon
    Prince/Daye/Jerebko
    Monroe/Villanueva/Maxiell
    Wallace/Mohammed/Diop

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/0...cussing-trade/

If they're considering B-Diddy, you gotta think the TE is more in play than it seemed.
    The Los Angeles Clippers and the Cleveland Cavaliers are in discussions about a trade that would send guard Baron Davis to Cleveland for guard Mo Williams, according to league sources. The deal is not close to being finalized and the teams will continue talking Thursday before the 3 p.m. deadline.
    Davis did not dress for Wednesday’s game against New Orleans with what the team said was a sore knee. Williams returned for Cleveland just before the All-Star break after missing 13 games with a hip injury.
    Though slumping from the floor of late, Davis has played much better of late for the Clippers after starting the season at odds with coach Vinny Del Negro when he came to camp out of shape.
    The Cavaliers would be able to absorb Davis’ $13 million salary by virtue of the large trade exception they received from Miami in the LeBron James sign-and-trade deal.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

+ Reply to Thread