+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip Trades

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glanny Ice View Post
    Man, I wish Chicago had a few more bad contracts other than Deng's. I think Rip would be perfect there.
    I've been trying to tell my Chicago friends this since the summer. He'd be perfect on that squad. All I hear is "We don't want your Detroit trash!"

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Rip to Atlanta makes sense. They are borderline contenders (not for a title, that's LAL/SAN or ORL/BOS/MIA) that could make the ECF with the right move.
    Crawford for Hamilton works straight up. They don't really have any bad contracts on their team for us to take back, but we could send them Wilcox to be their fourth big using the Childress exception. They won't be under the cap for three years yet and it's obvious Crawford is going elsewhere. We take him back home for a bit.

Teams after:
    Bibby/Teague/Jordan Crawford----McGrady/Crawford/Bynum
    Hamilton/Johnson/Evans------------Stuckey/Gordon/Crawford
    Johnson/Smith/Wilkins--------------Prince/Daye/Jerebko
    Smith/Horford/Wilcox---------------Monroe/Villanueva/Jerebko
    Horford/Pachulia/Wilcox------------Wallace/Monroe/Maxiell

Milwaukee and Indiana are also playing poorly as of late.
    Milwaukee will be under the cap by 8 million or so next year, but who really wants to play for Milwaukee?
    We could send them Hamilton/Wilcox or Maxiell for Michael Redd, an expiring.

McGrady/Bynum/White------------------------Jennings/Dooling/Boykins
    Stuckey/Gordon/Redd-------------------------Hamilton/Delfino/Douglas-Roberts
    Prince/Daye/Summers------------------------Maggette/Salmons
    Monroe/Villanueva/Jerebko-------------------Ilyasova/Mbah a Moute
    Wallace/Maxiell or Wilcox---------------------Bogut/Gooden

Something like that? Rip gets reunited with John Hammond?

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't mind Crawford at all, but he's been begging the Hawks for an extension since last summer, and it ain't gonna happen.

If they won't pay Crawford, why would they take on Rip's deal?
    Find a new slant.

Hamilton for Dunleavy, who is expiring, also works. Hamilton is far more durable than Dunleavy.

Blog Entries
    I could see that one. Indy's going to do something, and Bird has already said he won't rely on free agents choosing to come there.

We all know who Rip is always compared to, too.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glanny Ice View Post
    I wouldn't mind Crawford at all, but he's been begging the Hawks for an extension since last summer, and it ain't gonna happen.

If they won't pay Crawford, why would they take on Rip's deal?
    I don't know. I don't really get why they won't pay Crawford. I want him, though. He's a deep threat and I think with Gordon a jumpshooting threat from the perimeter, Stuckey a slashing threat, and Crawford able to score in all sorts of ways with clutch abilities, I want him.

Hell I'd even experiment with Crawford/Gordon/Stuckey at points.

What about:
    Hamilton/Maxiell/2011 first rounder for Joe Johnson?

We save a million in cap space instantly. They now have Pachulia/Hamilton/Smith/Sy/Maxiell expiring in 3 years for a total of 36-37 million and cut off about 70 million owed to Johnson.

We are:
    Johnson/McGrady/Bynum
    Stuckey/Gordon
    Prince/Daye/Jerebko
    Monroe/Villanueva
    Wallace/Wilcox

It honestly looks like we're going to need to add some sweetener for teams to take on Hamilton and/or take back a shit contract.

Quote Originally Posted by lospistones View Post
    What about:
    Hamilton/Maxiell/2011 first rounder for Joe Johnson?

We save a million in cap space instantly. They now have Pachulia/Hamilton/Smith/Sy/Maxiell expiring in 3 years for a total of 36-37 million and cut off about 70 million owed to Johnson.

We are:
    Johnson/McGrady/Bynum
    Stuckey/Gordon
    Prince/Daye/Jerebko
    Monroe/Villanueva
    Wallace/Wilcox
    Joe Johnson is not that great. Certainly not worth a lotto pick. He makes 16 mil a year and is 30 years old to start next season. Then we'd just add 5 mil to an already overpaid SG position on this team. How is that going to help us rebuild?

Also, just for P...we should have drafted him instead of White.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread