+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Lions offseason

2011 Lions offseason

Early points of emphasis:
    • Julian Peterson go bye bye
    • Calvin Johnson reached incentives that will make his cap hits 10.5 and 12.5 million the next two years
    • Chris Houston is a UFA, Cliff Avril is a RFA. Lions should extend both
    • They will have to re-sign Bobby Carpenter, Ashlee Palmer
    • Rumors of Haynesworth to Lions
    • Nnamdi Asomugha is a UFA. Other free agent CBs include Cinci's Jonathan Joseph, Carolina's Richard Marshall, NY's Antonio Cromartie
    Last edited by DrRay11; 01-17-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Why would they look at Haynesworth? Just keep Corey Williams. No baggage and the DL is already good.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I agree with you, or at least I think you bring up a great point.

But still...the thought that they could recycle Haynesworth like Chicago did Peppers and give the Lions a line with Haynesworth, Williams, KVB and Suh...you have to admit that would be scary fucking good.

^the addition of a shut-down cb would also allow them to go 5-2 in some cases, which would be crazy

rumors say Kevin Smith wants to go home to Miami. He'll likely be a RFA

Lions should be thankful to tender him and have him sign elsewhere, meaning they'd get a pick back

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris View Post
    Why would they look at Haynesworth? Just keep Corey Williams. No baggage and the DL is already good.
    It'd be a gamble, imo, cuz of his attitude. It might work out though. I would want to be able to cut him at the drop of a hat and not have any money owed to him.

Sammie Lee is doing just fine folks. We have others.
    Players meeting my ASS!

It just depends on what we'd have to give up and what we'd pay him (I think the cap hit is pretty low now). I'm not giving up a 4th rounder or better for him based on the risk.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

^ I wouldn't give up anyting for him. I take that back...maybe a 7th.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    ^ I wouldn't give up anyting for him. I take that back...maybe a 7th.
    Yeah, I'd give our 7th so long as we cut cut him, as Tahoe said, at no cap penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11 View Post
    rumors say Kevin Smith wants to go home to Miami. He'll likely be a RFA

Lions should be thankful to tender him and have him sign elsewhere, meaning they'd get a pick back
    Sounds like a plan... he can't break a tackle to save his life... see ya.

+ Reply to Thread