+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trades Featuring Tayshaun

Since Rip and Tay appear to have each others' backs so hard, I'd have no problem selling them or the other team on a package deal.

Tayshaun to Sacramento works without taking back any salary, as does Cleveland and Toronto what with their trade exceptions.

Cleveland is about 5 million under the cap. This means they could absorb Maxiell or Bynum outright, and THEN we could trade them a big contract with their LBJ TPE.

Would we do this:

Send out Prince, Hamilton, Maxiell, Bynum, get back Banks/Jack/Ariza/Green?

McGrady*/Jack/Banks*/White*------------Paul/Bynum
    Stuckey*/Gordon/Green*-------------------Hamilton/Belinelli
    Daye/Ariza/Summers*--------------------Prince/Thornton
    Monroe/Villanueva/Jerebko-*------------West/Smith
    Wallace/Wilcox*--------------------------Okafor/Gray
    *=(could be) expiring/unguaranteed

We cut about 4 million in immediate salaries and find a big true PG for Stuckey/Gordon while shedding 3 of our 5 worst contracts.
    Last edited by lospistones; 01-20-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    I don't "hate" it, might even actually "like" it some if Ariza wasn't going to block Daye, but I have higher hopes than this, I guess.
    Find a new slant.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    as well as Tays playing right now, he will be on the wrong side of 30 soon...i don't want to give him a long extension...trade him for anything! if you can package him with another of our terrible contracts like Maxiell, do it! if you can get a 1st round pick (Butler, pick) do it! Tay has value, he's one of the few Pistons who has any value, it would be another lost opportunity if he is not dealt for a future asset...

Tay + Maxiell for Butler, Stevenson, pick = perfect trade
    Last edited by Joe Asberry; 01-22-2011 at 07:09 AM.

Ideally you'd trade Tay for a quality player we will keep.If that can't be done then I wouldn't mind seeing us trade him for a guy that expires after next season s long as we get a pick in the deal.Essentially turning one asset into 2...
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Prince and Maxiell to the Clippers for Kaman and Brian Cook.

Prince is the ideal fit for the Clips (and since he's from there, might be willing to sign an extension), and Kaman gives us a low post scoring big man with only a year left on his deal.

I've wanted to do that deal for so long.
    Dudes should have the opportunity to finish their careers in their hometowns, if they wish. That would apply for Kaman and Prince in this deal.

+ Reply to Thread