+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Blog Entries
    Did you time it from home, too, just to verify?

I wonder if people actually do that, lol.
    Find a new slant.

lol, oh yeah, people do that. I don't, but some dudes on other forums I go to sometimes say things like "I had him at a 4.4 flat" or something stupid.

WTF TAMPA BAY! I THOUGHT YOU WE'RE GONNA BE DROPPIN SOME KNOWLEDGE ON US!

Or is that the first part of next week?
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Cam Newton is beyond unlikeable. I hope he falls, and falls hard.

I picked a great year to pay zero attention to the draft. The one time I turned on the combine, Rich was running the 40...like he does every year. But I don't think I saw shit from shinola this year.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    This shit is like a month and a half away still.

I made a big mistake watching ESPN again. SMH!

^ First March Madness and then Opening day and then the draft, iirc.

I wish the NHL would get their shit together to fill this void. Oh and the Pistons.
    Players meeting my ASS!

ye, fuck these two fucking sides and their fucking posturing. NFLPA got a sweet deal last time, NFL shouldn't have to show their complete financials to their contractors, NFL still wants a bit too much.

You're going to end up meeting in the middle, so just fucking do it already

DAMIT

So.....the draft.......thoughts?

I haven't heard much on the draft this year, but I kept hearing Greg Jones from MSU was going to be a 3rd rounder. Finally took a look at a few mocks and some have him dropping to mid-4th. Wouldn't mind seeing the Lions grab him for LB depth.

Is Amukamara as great as everyone is saying, or should I keep hoping for the Leos to go after o-line help?
    _

If the Lions go o-line in the first, I only want T. Smith or Carimi, and maybe Castonzo. I want no part of Solder (he's one of my busts).

Amukamara is tough to judge, because he might be an excellent fit for this scheme. We didn't get to see him play a lot of press man coverage at Nebraska. We did get to see Jimmy Smith play a lot of press man at Colorado, and he excelled in it greatly, but his character concerns are at the very least something that will make us hesitate.

I could also see us going DE in the first. My personal hope is for JJ Watt, Prince Amukamara, or Jimmy Smith. I think Watt is going to be a beast.

Bowers scares me big time. He is one of my least favorite prospects at the top of the draft, and if history repeats itself, he will be the pick because, since we hired Mayhew, we have taken two first round guys I wanted absolutely no part of at the time (Pettigrew because he was a TE, Best because he was a RB). However, the reason I don't want Bowers isn't really due to position. The only position I'd be sick if we drafted in the first are TE, QB, and maybe RB (although if we trade down and pick up Ingram or Leshoure I might not be upset, but not at 13 overall.

I don't see any other options unless we trade down. DE, OT, or CB if we stay at 13.

+ Reply to Thread