Quote Originally Posted by micknugget View Post
There's a difference between drafting solely based on need and ignoring those needs entirely. I like the leshoure pick and the move up to get him. I think that we could have moved down in the second and still got Young plus another pick or two. There were several good LB's left in the later rounds if you don't like Greg Jones. I really like Sturdivant who is fast as heck and went in the early 6th rd. I also don't like the Hogue pick when Ziemba was still on the board and is touted as a solid starter at RT in most scouting reports. I also like the safety Lefeged who runs a 4.42 and is just under 6' and 210 lbs. We need a 4.4 guy in nickle packages. he went undrafted so hopefully we can pick him up. i also wouldn't have minded picking up Mcelroy as he is a real steal in the 7th (or 5th or 6th for that matter) and I have zero confidence in ANY of our QBs staying healthy.

I still give the draft a C. We still need a LB (or 2) an OL, and a CB thru trade or FA.
I like Lefeged a little, also, and wouldn't mind picking him up.

Ziemba is fucking terrible if you watched his senior bowl practices. Lead feet. He will have to play guard to have any chance in the league.

The OL was top ten in pass protection last year. The problem is that Backus still has his mental lapses where people go right by him. Hopefully none of those get our QB killed this year.

Who were the good LBs left late in the draft that would fit our system? Keep in mind the profile: An inch or two over six feet, 240-250 pounds, 4.6ish speed. Play either right or left, not strong or weak.