+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Done with Stuckey....

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy View Post
    If we trade him you can sure as fucking shit bet that we aren't going to make a bid on him as a RFA from another team. I'm gonna presume that the team giving up the asset for him has the intention of keeping him, since they too know he is a FA and could just make an offer this off season.
    Who knows what the team giving up the asset will do? it would depend on what the asset is, what the team's cap is like in the off season, what we offer him, what happens with the CBA, and if that team is picking him up as a rental for the playoffs. Stuckey can play both guard spots, has size, and is aggressive. I just fear that another team offers him more than we want to pay and we lose him for nothing. Since he isn't really our PG of the future and we already have a glut of SG's, i'd like to see us get something of value for him.

I know that unless their GM dies in a plane crash no team is giving anything up to get a RFA then let us give him a rational offer and be like "well, didn't see that coming, someone else offering him a deal. Guess we're fucked. Off ya go little buddy, sucks we gave something up". And if they want a rental they'll get a vet. RFA rights are worth something, they won't pay for those in order not to have them.

Now, if you want to deal him so we'll have decent cap space next year go for it. But don't plan on seeing him on this roster again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    I think he can be successful in the right role - off the bench as a combo guard.

But if we're starting Gordon don't we need a big PG?

Or could we start Stuckey at SG and bring Gordon off the bench?

I honestly think that with a quality PG to actually run the offense we'd be so much better as a team. You see it when McGrady is on the floor. And that's just sad - McGrady is our best PG! And not only is he old as dirt but he won't be here next season.
    It says something about the lack of a PG here when someone who was basically considered out of the league a year ago, no one would give him a contract, considered a sf(?), is producing the way he is here.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Also, has Stuckey improved since last year? Has his PG skills improved? Did his distribution skills improve? Did he improve his outside jumper? Going to the rim?

I don't think so.
    Players meeting my ASS!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    McGrady is only 31, I could see us giving him 3 years/15. I imagine he'd go for that, i kind of think he might have only come here after hearing about Abdenour from G Hill back in the day.

Not endorsing it necessarily but I could see that scenario happening. Wouldn't be the worst thing that ever happened.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

We don't have any sort of rights on Mcgrady do we? We would have to use the mle

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    McGrady is only 31, I could see us giving him 3 years/15. I imagine he'd go for that, i kind of think he might have only come here after hearing about Abdenour from G Hill back in the day.

Not endorsing it necessarily but I could see that scenario happening. Wouldn't be the worst thing that ever happened.
    He may be 31, but his legs are older. And no, we have no rights over him.

Definitely put me in the "I'm over Stuckey" camp. PG skills aren't going to magically develop. He still isn't a good shooter or defender. He can get to the rack, but still isn't particularly efficient once he gets there. I kept hoping he'd develop that tear drop shot ala Tony Parker, but it never actually materialized. His only asset is his size and strength, and we simply haven't seen the skills needed to utilize that.

In short, all of the things that worried me about the kid when we drafted him remain absolutely true. This is his third season of 30+ mpg. How much time was he supposed to need? I don't see much of an argument to be made here to be honest. I'll be rather upset if he ever gets a large contract from the Pistons, to say the least.

How is anybody on the backcourt supposed to develop when their roles and minutes and opportunities change every week?

Quote Originally Posted by lospistones View Post
    How is anybody on the backcourt supposed to develop when their roles and minutes and opportunities change every week?
    Developing is one thing but after two plus seasons it has become quite apparent that Stuckey just doesn't have the proper point guard skill/instincts. Like I have said all along, he is a SG that can play limited minutes at the point.

I still disagree.
    When has he had a competent head coach?

+ Reply to Thread