+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Brady Hoke hired by UM

Oh.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Also hearing rumors that due to lack of TE depth (none signed in previous 3 classes, I believe) that Miller and/or Jackson might be moving to TE. I think both need added bulk to do that, but Miller is probably the more-ready of the 2. Koger is the primary TE right now. Is Webb graduating? Then Brandon Moore was from the same class as Koger but I think got a red-shirt. I believe that is the sum total of UM TE's. So, again, WR isn't exactly a non-need. It's not as desperate as true TE, QB, or LB, but it is a need.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if Brady Hoke somehow convinced Brandon that he was actually Tom Brady.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34 View Post
    Also hearing rumors that due to lack of TE depth (none signed in previous 3 classes, I believe) that Miller and/or Jackson might be moving to TE. I think both need added bulk to do that, but Miller is probably the more-ready of the 2. Koger is the primary TE right now. Is Webb graduating? Then Brandon Moore was from the same class as Koger but I think got a red-shirt. I believe that is the sum total of UM TE's. So, again, WR isn't exactly a non-need. It's not as desperate as true TE, QB, or LB, but it is a need.
    Koger is the man though.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Jethro, where have you heard that rumor at? I haven't heard that rumor one time since the new staff was brought in. There are currently 6 TE's on the roster and one of the commits over the weekend is rumored to be headed to TE so I'm kind of confused why moving a kid that weighs less than 210 pounds like Jackson to TE makes sense at all? I would venture to guess that Ricardo Miller becomes a star in this offense within 2 years.

I can't recall where I heard it, though my best guess is mgoblog. Yeah, I know. Grain of salt. As for the number of TE's on the team, I don't really count the non-scholarship players. Allspach, Haarer, and Esterline only see the field on game day if the team is Jordan Kovacs desperate, or worse.

As for Jackson, he's a twig but has a decent-sized frame, and I've seen crazier weight gains in college. Not likely, but with his extreme lack of speed it wouldn't be the biggest shocker. Miller really wants to be Braylon, so it probably would take a lot to move him. However, both Jackson and Miller are taller than Frank Clark, who I believe is the HS TE you're referring to.

Gotta love the commitment train rolling on still. Poole and Bellomy give the LB and QB numbers a little relief.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Blog Entries

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by TBeau View Post
    Sweet.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I liked Hoke. In fact I was impressed with him almost beating michigan with Ball State. Dude imo has gotten the most out of his teams with a hybrid version of the Carr system(much like it, yet willing to adapt and run spread or whatever it needs to) which is a hybrid of the WCO in it's own right. It's a true Bo descendant from a philosophy and coaching standpoint.

I like the hire and hope that the unfortunate circumstances under which he's hired(so late that he's had to grind double time on recruiting) don't hurt his era here.

Also I expect a surprising over turn in defense With the new DC. If these players are truly better than their stats it'll show next year.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Glanny Ice View Post
    So depressing.
    Why?
    ^

+ Reply to Thread