+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona shooting

Personally I find quite a bit of Republican rhetoric textbook fascist (I say this as opposed to just calling them Nazis which they are not) and purposefully violent. It's unhealthy. And Gee has hit the nail on the head about whether this is political.

However there's a huge leap from that and just blaming anyone for one person taking a gun (for whatever reason) and killing human beings. If you throw out that accusation, you had best make sure it really fits and that was not done at all here.

I agreed with Gee about his 'of course its political' but the more I think of it and the more I hear about this mentally ill person, I don't agree that it was political, just cuz a politician was shot.

Its about her not being able to answer his screwed up question. He could have just as easily shot his classmate for them not answering his question.

So my point was the Democrat Sheriff politicized this thing and instead of condemning him, they make him out to be a hero. Incredible really.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by detroitexport View Post
    Personally I find quite a bit of Republican rhetoric textbook fascist (I say this as opposed to just calling them Nazis which they are not) and purposefully violent. It's unhealthy. And Gee has hit the nail on the head about whether this is political.

However there's a huge leap from that and just blaming anyone for one person taking a gun (for whatever reason) and killing human beings. If you throw out that accusation, you had best make sure it really fits and that was not done at all here.
    Also, feel free to post the rhetoric you mentioned. And was that rhetoric to blame for the shooting?
    Players meeting my ASS!

Not at all. I was hoping that got across with the second part of my post.

Gotcha. But you said purposefully violent. Just checkin.

Its funny though, I think it was Clyburn or something that said the Repubs calling Obama a facist is the type of thing that leads to violence.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I think lableing someone as a fascist can be wrong and hard to really demonstrate. I do think that a lot of rhetoric and practices both in the Republican party and, to be hoenst, in general in the US, borders on some basic fascist stuff. I'm not trying to call anyone in general a fascist (it's like that video someone once posted about being racist versus what you said was racist) but I think a lot of what is said is.

I think Republicans purposefully use violent language. Palin is a good example. However I don't think she's calling out for violent action; she's trying to use violent/military/hunting language to hit hot buttons with her target audience (see, I'm even using the word target). I don't like the language, but it's not something that can be tied to what happened in AZ IMO.

I figured Palin would get named, when she did nothing, but to me its peeps like the Sheriff and Krugman that are despicable. When we should be talking about what we can do for the menatally ill in this country to help reduce tragedies like this, they do what seems to be their mo, blame the right.

Instead an opportunity was lost so they could do what they do best, jump on the right when something like this happens. Really inappropriate.
    Players meeting my ASS!

And then there's this... Rep Paul Kanjorski D said of Florida Republican Scott who was running for Gov....

"Instead of running for governor of Florida, they ought to have him and shoot him. Put him against the wall and shoot him"

So Palin might say 'reload' which is used a bunch of different ways, but the above is pretty clear.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Billboard in Tuscon, AZ. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    And then there's this... Rep Paul Kanjorski D said of Florida Republican Scott who was running for Gov....

"Instead of running for governor of Florida, they ought to have him and shoot him. Put him against the wall and shoot him"

So Palin might say 'reload' which is used a bunch of different ways, but the above is pretty clear.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread