+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: SHITSTORM v4.0 (IT'S FINALLY OVER)

Blog Entries
    I really liked a quote that I saw from Charlotte's Rod Higgins after the Gerald Wallace trade. I don't have the exact quote, so you'll have to look it up if you want it, but in response to fans and critics of their decision to trade Wallace, despite being in the hunt for a playoff spot, he said (paraphrase), "The 7th or 8th playoff spot is not what we're after, we want to get to a championship level".

Now granted, what Rod Fucking Higgins has to say doesn't carry a lot of weight, but I love that mentality, and it's the exact opposite of Joe's (and some here's) philosophy of just being happy with trying to make the playoffs.

And you now see the result of that strategy.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    2 fun options for tonight:

1. Roll with the same lineup as last night, sign 1 or 2 guys out of the DLeague to 10-day deals. Waive TMac if necessary. Tempting to do the same to Tay. Might be better to do that after 3/1 if you want to be really vindictive.

2. Start 5 of the quitters tonight to allow the home fans to let them have it. Then, yank them all at the first whistle for last night's starters and let the fans go crazy.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I think subjecting them to treatment like that from the 18 fans in attendance is too harsh.

It does sound very :WWE: though.

Quote Originally Posted by Glanny Ice View Post

2. Start 5 of the quitters tonight to allow the home fans to let them have it. Then, yank them all at the first whistle for last night's starters and let the fans go crazy.
    that wouldn't even happen. those guys wouldn't be booed.
    k

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite View Post
    And tell when is the last time you were humbly honest about anything you thought? You are bitter the whole way and now you're acting like you just started being this way. You wanted the guy fired when we had a winning record, at least start bullshitting with someone who doesn't know this about you.
    Why should I be humble about this when I was right? I did want Joe replaced long ago. I saw Joe's handling of the team as an issue some 4 years ago. If you recall, I saw early Sheed's negative effect on the team and wanted Sheed gone. I saw his poor attitude spreading through the team. I was right. I complained about Joe's signing of Nazr, Kwame, and CV plus I thought we overpaid for BG. I was right. I was probably the first guy on this board to be pissed off about the Afflalo trade. I was really disappointed in Joe's coaching picks, especially Kuester after Joe proclaimed that he would get "an experienced coach" after the Curry debacle. Again I was right.

You can call me an armchair GM. You can call me a bullshitter. You can call me a horrible fan. The truth, whether you admit it or not, is that I have been pretty damn accurate in my calls. I was the first guy calling for Joe's head as I saw things spiraling in the wrong direction. Now most of the board agrees with me. So call me names or whatever you want. The truth speaks for itself and although not always popular, I usually know what the fuck i'm talking about.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glanny Ice View Post
    Blind loyalty vs. Armchair GMs.

Both are exactly what messageboards are all about, I suppose.
    You're making up something convenient and untrue. I'm not call all Dumars moves great, discrediting the actual misses he's made as "falling into his lap", and I sure ain't calling myself amazingly right when he does do well. I've made my point, you've made yours that you're too densely confused and w/o enough respect of it to get it. So why even rehash? Maybe you think you bother me more than you do, and its a kstat thing all over.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by micknugget View Post
    You can call me an armchair GM. You can call me a bullshitter. You can call me a horrible fan. The truth, whether you admit it or not, is that I have been pretty damn accurate in my calls. I was the first guy calling for Joe's head as I saw things spiraling in the wrong direction. Now most of the board agrees with me. So call me names or whatever you want. The truth speaks for itself and although not always popular, I usually know what the fuck i'm talking about.
    5 years ago you were preaching the same nonsense and was wrong. You never changed it so it finally hit. But regardless only thing I'm calling you directly to you is attention whore and a whiny bitch from day 1. I make my statements in general and they transcend even this message board, you run to hop on a cross and pretend to be a crucified Jesus Christ. Relax your retarded ass for once in your life. You're not right about anything, you're just bitching at your convenience. I mean damn you're asking fixed rhetorical questions, then applauding yourself for the answers(or lack there of in some cases) you came up with. That's fucking insane.

Get back on topic here and bitch/moan about the shitstorm.
    Last edited by Black Dynamite; 02-26-2011 at 01:45 PM.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by TBeau View Post
    I think subjecting them to treatment like that from the 18 fans in attendance is too harsh.
    DAMn, you're just really uncalled for today. lol
    ^

Blog Entries
    I had an opportunity to sit down with former Piston Vernon Hamilton this morning to talk about the current state of the Pistons. Here's our conversation:

GLAN: What are your honest thoughts about what is going on with the Pistons?

VERNON HAMILTON: I'd rather not comment, but disappointed, very disappointed. Hope it gets resolved soon.

GLAN: Thanks, I understand. Keep working hard and good luck.
    Find a new slant.

I haven't watched last nights game yet, but NBATV covered it last night.

I'm trying to think of anything quite like this happening before, but can't.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread