+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22
FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: SHITSTORM v4.0 (IT'S FINALLY OVER)

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6161438

Just saw this in the Rip/ Q thread, but it's about this as well so I'm leaving it.
    That article is stupidest shit ever. Wilcox 'overslept'? That's not really an excuse. Neither are headaches and tummy aches. You can still show up to practice with those 'conditions', even if you don't participate. Not being notified of change is understandable, but unbelievable given the circumstances. The only thing that made any sense was Ben Wallace's circumstances.
    k

Oh it's complete bullshit. But the best part about it is that it admits they've been trying to boycott then says this boycott was fake. As though it's better for the organization to be both hated by the players and incompetent with basic logistics.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Kenyon friggin' Martin played with the flu the other night.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Oh it's complete bullshit. But the best part about it is that it admits they've been trying to boycott then says this boycott was fake. As though it's better for the organization to be both hated by the players and incompetent with basic logistics.
    Yeah, I still think Stuckey and Daye going late is the strangest part of all this. The whole idea of a boycott is stupid but if you're going to boycott, stick with it, don't go in late. You're stabbing both sides in the back then.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I'm actually wondering the validity of Stuckey and Daye protesting.

What would Stuckey be protesting? The guy gets EVERYTHING on the team. The only thing he could be protesting for is to get less minutes, or maybe have the PG spot back. I don't see either of those being likely.

Daye has some valid reasons to have a problem, but he always seemed to have a good attitude.

So really they might not have been protesting, but it doesn't matter. Watching them laugh on the bench when Q got ejected spoke volumes. They became apart of the movement right then and there. You can put Ben Wallace in that group as well. It's a shame about his brother, but he's clearly rebelling. Fuck all of those dudes.
    k

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Stuck has repeatedly had disputes with Kuester though.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

true.

I always forget that he's retarded.
    k

Dyno - you can try and lob me in with micknugget all you want but the fact is I stated time and time again during our great run that we, as fans, needed to fucking appreciate what we had - because it wasn't going to last forever!

Sure I've trashed Joe for years about his Draft failures... but let's not act like I've wanted him lynched for years.

I didn't trash any coaching changes because for one reason or another those changes were forced (Carlisle was a prick, LB wanted out, Flip lost the team) until Curry and now Q failed in spectacular fashion.... so again let's not act I've wanted Joe fired for years.

My whole thing with Joe is this:

While we were contending what did he and his crew do to help the rebuilding process? Did they acquire future picks by dealing current picks? Did they trade a role player here or there for a young guy and/or a future pick? Did they position a few major salaries to expire at the same time?

The answer to all those questions is NO!

We had to deal Billups for Iverson to get the cap room we needed to rebuild on the fly... and if used well we could have built around Prince, Rip and Stuckey for another 3 years IMO (I believe I said that at the time?) - but Joe and his boys fucked that up by signing BG and Nova.

I've just finally reached the point with Joe where I think he deserves to go.

It's not because he did nothing to prepare for the rebuilding process - most GMs ride it out until it dies so you can't lynch him for that.

It's not because we, as an organisation failed in the Draft prior to the Stuckey/Double A Draft (and I'm on record saying they've done a pretty good job since then)

It's not because Joe has hired 2 fucking massive failures as Coaches in the last 3 seasons.

It's not because we have all these shitty contracts and seem to be stuck in no man's land...

It's because in the last few seasons every "mistake" he has made has been followed by another "mistake" and then another and all those "mistakes" put together = this clusterfuck of a team!

Signing BG for that money isn't a mistake - unless you have Rip and just signed him to an extension.

Hiring Michael Curry/John Kuester is not a mistake - as long as you dump the veterans that don't want to rebuild or make it clear that if they don't support the Coach then they'll pay a heavy cost.

Staying silent in the media while this Coach v Player bullshit goes from isolated incident to "weekly" broadcast was not a mistake - if you had a way of getting some of these pissed off veterans off your roster.

Man - the guy had a great run and it's just time for him to go... I have little faith he has a plan, or even had one after the ECF team got old... and would prefer to remember our great run and not this clusterfuck that he put together...
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Dyno - you can try and lob me in with micknugget all you want ...
    You just went ape shit with a long post based on this assumption? lol.. I wouldn't even bunch Glan in with Micknugget, which says alot. He's a special breed of ignorance I would never apply to most people. Sorry I left you feeling like that.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

The entire post wasn't based on that assumption - that part was just so you knew where I stood.

Interesting you didn't respond to the rest of my post...
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread