+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: SHITSTORM v4.0 (IT'S FINALLY OVER)

Blog Entries
    Bynum won't turn down the opportunity to play 48 minutes, and JR Smith won't turn down the opportunity to take 48 shots.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post

How many bad years does he get? He's had 3 pretty fucking terrible seasons, each one worse than the last and during that time frame we actually had 4 draft picks AND $18 million in cap space to use in the same off-season!

The change must start at the top and filter through - Joe has to go... and I hope as soon as the season is over he "retires"
    :-/ I'm worried that Joe Dumars created a monster. And that would be over privileged fans. His success has lead them to overrate our players trade value, underrate our previous success, exponentially multiply their disappointment to pitch fork hate, and dip their armchairs in gold with diamonds sprinkled all over them.

With that said his last two coaching hires have flopped completely, he couldn't have gambled on CV and BG at a worse time, He's gambled on Maxiell's development to the point of passing on the guy who turned out to be the player Maxiell should have in Dajuan Blair, um fuck Affalo thats so exaggerated i want to piss on anyone enraged by that move, and His commitment to getting as many big bodies as possible on the roster has been drowned in trying to accommodate the NBA's faster softer pace with more guards to chuck it up. I'm not pleased with that and I expected some of this to blow up in his face as a "hard lesson" in conforming to this retarded league. Unfortunately the owner's dead and there's a freeze on most moves including HC firing imo. Did he facilitate his problems? yes, no GM is exempt in that. Is it as chaotic as it is because of him completely at this juncture? Under the current circumstances of ownership no. In a situation of freedom Kuester is fired a long time ago and this is quite possibly a completely different team record wise and personnel wise I personally think. Would they win less or more? Who knows for sure but I do believe the lack of moves are not all on him THIS SEASON. And for the two previous years I didn't like the moves made, but nothing i'd want him gone over just yet.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by TBeau View Post
    Bynum won't turn down the opportunity to play 48 minutes, and JR Smith won't turn down the opportunity to take 48 shots.
    Not nice to JR, and yes most guys with low minutes won't.
    ^

Dyno - I've stated my case for why Joe should be fired or resign or whatever - not gonna do it here again.

I understand it's difficult, almost impossible to remain a contender forever - but if you're not going to contend then you need to essentially tank!

Clear out the vets for picks and youth, get young talent via the Draft and build a team!

I'd be happy if we had 3 shitty seasons doing that!

But Joe chose this path and it's a clusterfuck... or kuesterfuck lol

At what point do you say "Thanks for the good times Joe but we don't like the direction you're taking us so we're going to let you resign"????
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite View Post
    :-/ I'm worried that Joe Dumars created a monster. And that would be over privileged fans. His success has lead them to overrate our players trade value, underrate our previous success, exponentially multiply their disappointment to pitch fork hate, and dip their armchairs in gold with diamonds sprinkled all over them.

With that said his last two coaching hires have flopped completely, he couldn't have gambled on CV and BG at a worse time, He's gambled on Maxiell's development to the point of passing on the guy who turned out to be the player Maxiell should have in Dajuan Blair, um fuck Affalo thats so exaggerated i want to piss on anyone enraged by that move, and His commitment to getting as many big bodies as possible on the roster has been drowned in trying to accommodate the NBA's faster softer pace with more guards to chuck it up. I'm not pleased with that and I expected some of this to blow up in his face as a "hard lesson" in conforming to this retarded league. Unfortunately the owner's dead and there's a freeze on most moves including HC firing imo. Did he facilitate his problems? yes, no GM is exempt in that. Is it as chaotic as it is because of him completely at this juncture? Under the current circumstances of ownership no. In a situation of freedom Kuester is fired a long time ago and this is quite possibly a completely different team record wise and personnel wise I personally think. Would they win less or more? Who knows for sure but I do believe the lack of moves are not all on him THIS SEASON. And for the two previous years I didn't like the moves made, but nothing i'd want him gone over just yet.
    I don't think it's an issue of over privileged fans at all. That's BS. I don't overestimate our players value (IMO) and I understand the ownership situation. This is all on Joe's incompetence. His free agent signings (Nazr, Kwame, BG, CV, Wilcox) were ALL questionable or just plain bad. As soon as they happened most of the fans responded WTF? We always assumed that there was a master plan but apparently there wasn't. Joe's drafts have been mediocre, his extensions a disaster. He has consistently said one thing and done the opposite (no more complacency, hiring an experienced coach, no trade limitations, etc.). His coaching choices were dreadful which was only made worse by the current revolt. Joe could have traded a disgruntled Prince who certainly won't be back. he probably could have even swung a better deal than what Dallas offered if he wasn't so dead set against trading him. I understand the Rip move not happening because of the ownership situation so I can't put that on him.

You say that you haven't seen anything to get Joe fired. Other than no-brainers (drafting Monroe and signing T-mac for the minimum) name something that Joe has done right in the past 3, 4, hell even 5 seasons (that wasn't done to correct a previous fuck up). Anything? No? That should be cause for dismissal right there.

Quote Originally Posted by micknugget View Post
    I don't think it's an issue of over privileged fans at all. That's BS.-----> I don't overestimate our players value (IMO) and I understand the ownership situation. .
    And tell when is the last time you were humbly honest about anything you thought? You are bitter the whole way and now you're acting like you just started being this way. You wanted the guy fired when we had a winning record, at least start bullshitting with someone who doesn't know this about you.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Dyno - I've stated my case for why Joe should be fired or resign or whatever - not gonna do it here again.

I understand it's difficult, almost impossible to remain a contender forever - but if you're not going to contend then you need to essentially tank!

Clear out the vets for picks and youth, get young talent via the Draft and build a team!

I'd be happy if we had 3 shitty seasons doing that!
    Man, i'd think Bynum, Stuckey, Daye, Summers, Jerebko, and Monroe all don't exist right? Also fundamentally i don't believe in the "attempt to tank" shit at all. You definitely don't need to reiterate your case, I'm making statement on that. It seems everybody will reiterate what they already said as if I'm going to say "well that doesn't sound over privileged at all when you put exactly the way you been always putting it, I see your light". In a vice versa no one here is humble enough to take that criticism seriously, so I have no expectations of changing minds in stating it. No one is bringing it up, so I figured I would. Plenty of bitterness explained and rationalized in favor of the pitch forks, so i don't think anyone needs to explain or rationalize it all over again. was having a #justsaying moment I guess.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by micknugget View Post
    You say that you haven't seen anything to get Joe fired. Other than no-brainers (drafting Monroe and signing T-mac for the minimum) name something that Joe has done right in the past 3, 4, hell even 5 seasons (that wasn't done to correct a previous fuck up). Anything? No? That should be cause for dismissal right there.
    Well everything he does is a no brainer. So duh, he obviously fails in your world Rhetorical questions and all. lol
    ^

I'm tampering with a good thing here though, so let me avoid that from now on in this thread, Shitstorm away.
    ^

Blog Entries
    Blind loyalty vs. Armchair GMs.

Both are exactly what messageboards are all about, I suppose.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread