+ Reply to Thread

Thread: something i dont understand

something i dont understand

this year, the talk is there is a ton of depth in the draft on defense, especially d line.

so why do mocks then suggest everyone use their early picks on defense. i've even read the reasoning that teams will use their first picks on defense BECAUSE of the depth there.

if you can get a good player at the same position later in the draft, why wouldnt you look at other positions where there are fewer good players.

not just this year, i see this line of reasoning seemingly every year in the draft.

Elite>Good. These top 2 DL and Berry are every 5-10 years guys (or so they say).

Not every team is like the lions and looking to fill holes. Some of them want to knock holes in other teams.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, just because you can get the Jeff Backus of D-Linemen in the second or third doesn't mean you should pass on Willie Roaf in the first.

(Or trade him for a useless Pat Swilling but that's a different story altogether..)

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Lets say you have your pick between a top 10 DL or a top 10 WR at whatever pick. The top 10 DL might be a much better player than the WR, so that is why teams will take DL even if it is deeper. Yes, you can probably get a decent DL later than a decent WR...but if you goal is to get an impact player higher up than the DL might be your best shot. It all depends on what other teams take ahead of you though.

I'd really like to trade down with SF or Seattle and get Dan Williams in the middle of the first (and use the extra pick on an OT).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Yeah, just because you can get the Jeff Backus of D-Linemen in the second or third doesn't mean you should pass on Willie Roaf in the first.

(Or trade him for a useless Pat Swilling but that's a different story altogether..)
    eff U, you old wound open upener.
    Players meeting my ASS!

How about the Drew Stanton, Alma Francis, Gerald Alexander 3 second round pick trifecta?

Sheeeeit, I can come up with at least 18 guys.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEN'S FRO View Post
    How about the Drew Stanton, Alma Francis, Gerald Alexander 3 second round pick trifecta?
    I swear this makes me vomit. Millen was brilliant to acquire three 2nd round picks (while also keeping his 1st), but to literally go 0-3 on that was just a microcosm of his career manifesto.

How I can just kill a man!

+ Reply to Thread