+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Fool vs WTFchris (Tahoe not involved)

I have two things to contribute to this thread:
    1) Murder can be funny sometimes.
    2) It's sad that "insensitive" isn't the fad anymore. Those were the good 'ol days. I'm obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Call me old fashioned or Dad type, but this new fangled Contributionist movement just isn't catching on with me. I will not be switching parties, instead opting to remain an Insensitivist.

It might not be what the kids are into, but I'm a man of principle.
    Find a new slant.

You guys are totally missing the damn point. You give Joe credit for drafting Memo (fine, even though that thread clearly talked about how every team finds a gem now and then in the first round and the 2nd round is a complete crap shoot). Then you for some reason absolve him from all blame in letting Memo go. Even though the same guy manages the salaries on this team. He signed other guys that used up cap space, he makes the trade to have cap flexibility and he's the one that extended other players. The fact remains that he did not think Memo would be this good or he would have done things differently leading up to that year in order to have the space he would have needed to keep him.

You morons like to say he found Memo, he found Afflalo, he found Amir and Delfino (which aren't great rotation players anyway, but whatever). None of them are playing here. So why do we give him credit for supposedly finding contributors that aren't on the damn team? What do we have to show for these guys being elsewhere? We got nothing for Memo, nothing but minor cap space for Amir and Afflalo (so we could overspend on BG),. Thankfully we got JJ with one of the Delfino picks or all these 'gems' he found would have been a total waste.

Anyway. I can't help it if you Joe Dumars draft lovers can't get a clue. I'm done with this damn debate about his drafting. I thought this whole topic was done until Fool decided to bring it back from the grave to spam every thread with his killing comments he made up.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

The apacalypse was a buzz kill here.
    Players meeting my ASS!

No one is more oblivious than WTFChris.

I love that he ALWAYS goes back to Joe not being a good drafter as if anyone has argued that for the last half decade. "You morons keep saying he found all these guys in the draft." Seriously, just keep bumping one of 17 threads where you and P repost your "breakdowns". We don't need a whole website of you popping in to say, "Hey, guys! Want me to list every decent player from every draft for the last 10 years so I can pretend I know something about basketball?"

They changed the CBA to restrict teams from signing other team's 2nd rounders because NO ONE keeps 12 million dollars of their cap space ready in case their second rounder blows up. Most of the world calls it the Gilbert Arenas rule. I'm sure you would too if you took the time to remember anything prior to yesterday.

Someone should start keeping track of how many times you've been dead wrong about this. It HAS to be a record. Any normal person would have figured out they didn't have a clue by now and stopped typing.
    Last edited by Fool; 02-27-2010 at 01:09 PM.
    STEW BEEF!

Hang on - is this the "Could have retained Memo" thing?

Couldn't Joe have renounced Sheed and kept Memo?

Or were we already close enough to the cap that even if we renounced Sheed there was no way to offer Memo what Utah did?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    That was the only real option, renounce sheed to keep memo. It was one or the other.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I guess my question is: why the fuck are we wasting energy on a signing that happened six years ago?

On a similar note, I'm still not happy with Benedict Arnold's decision to sign with Great Britain. I know he was doing what was best for his family, but the decision doesn't sit well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown View Post
    I guess my question is: why the fuck are we wasting energy on a signing that happened six years ago?

On a similar note, I'm still not happy with Benedict Arnold's decision to sign with Great Britain. I know he was doing what was best for his family, but the decision doesn't sit well with me.
    I couldn't be bothered to go back and read the context of Chris "Memo" thing but I have a few ideas:

1) Chris might have mentioned it after once again seeing Joe's lack of aggression at the trade deadline.

2) Chris might have mentioned it after putting up with half a pathetic season due to poor free agency/drafts/roster management

3) Chris mentioned it cause he (may have) wanted to retain Memo way back when and it still irks him

Only Chris knows for sure - but his motivation doesn't really matter. He has the right to post pretty much whatever the fuck he likes and it doesn't matter what you or some others might think.

And while I realise you and others might be sick of dealing with Chris (and I) when it comes to certain topics the fact remains we can post whatever the fuck we want and will.

Peace and may the force be with you and others.

BTW, feel free to ignore my posts on whatever topics you're tired of discussing. You ignoring me isn't gonna have a big impact on my day but might make you feel a hell of a lot better.

And that's what I'm all about, bro - making you feel better.
    Last edited by Pharaoh; 03-01-2010 at 07:01 AM.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I never brought up Memo. We had a damn thread about Joe's drafting where we said that 2nd rounders were a crap shoot and shouldn't be included in the discussion. People kept bringing up Memo to defend his drafting so I said that if you want to give him credit you better be willing to knock him for also letting him go. Sure, it wasn't like he could have signed him outright and kept everyone, but it was still possible.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread