+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Fool vs WTFchris (Tahoe not involved)

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Now you don't remember listing off trade after trade of guys who weren't on the team to get space for Memo?

Is that why you're always asking for links? It's the only way you can remember the last dumbass thing you spewed onto the page?

Is it a condition?

Am I being insensitive?
    I listed of a bunch of role players that could have been traded with picks for cap space. I listed guys like Corliss, DC, EC, etc and said I don't know which ones were under contract at the time or for how much. Who was on the team did not matter. The point was that Joe did not feel that trading one of those guys with a pick for an expiring was worth finding room for Memo. Those are the facts.

I also said that at the time I would have kept Sheed over Memo just as Joe did. I think almost all of us said that.

The point was that you wanted to give Joe credit for drafting Memo but absolve him of all guilt for letting him get away. He couldn't have kept both without making moves, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have cleared space to keep him. He made a choice to go with his role players (and adding Dyess as well) rather than making a serious effort to keep Memo.

This all stemmed from the fact that you couldn't admit his drafting is pretty shitty overall. You want to use Memo as an example of good drafting yet you won't accept the fact that Joe wasn't high enough on him to clear space for him. Clearly he didn't think Memo was a center he could win with long term, but he thought Darko was.

I've seen no valid argument from you saying otherwise to this day. The reason I ask for links is because you continually misquote me. I even provided you a link to the thread about that topic and you still couldn't find the words you say I typed.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    My beef with you is limited to politics. I can't recall it extending beyond that forum.
    Can I get in if I call you moron in another forum?

I can do that.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Nope. I choose not to enter the ring with two people at the same time.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

BUT I HAVE THINGS TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS THREAD!
    Players meeting my ASS!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I listed of a bunch of role players that could have been traded with picks for cap space. I listed guys like Corliss, DC, EC, etc and said I don't know which ones were under contract at the time or for how much. Who was on the team did not matter. The point was that Joe did not feel that trading one of those guys with a pick for an expiring was worth finding room for Memo. Those are the facts.

I also said that at the time I would have kept Sheed over Memo just as Joe did. I think almost all of us said that.

The point was that you wanted to give Joe credit for drafting Memo but absolve him of all guilt for letting him get away. He couldn't have kept both without making moves, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have cleared space to keep him. He made a choice to go with his role players (and adding Dyess as well) rather than making a serious effort to keep Memo.

This all stemmed from the fact that you couldn't admit his drafting is pretty shitty overall. You want to use Memo as an example of good drafting yet you won't accept the fact that Joe wasn't high enough on him to clear space for him. Clearly he didn't think Memo was a center he could win with long term, but he thought Darko was.

I've seen no valid argument from you saying otherwise to this day. The reason I ask for links is because you continually misquote me. I even provided you a link to the thread about that topic and you still couldn't find the words you say I typed.
    Chris, you really need to do some research on all this.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Those aren't fucking facts. How many times do we have to play out that same damn thread. We traded away our picks for Sheed. It absolutely DOES matter who was on the team and when.

Only your dumb ass would think it doesn't matter who was on the team when trying to show who Joe could have traded away.

I mean. Are you serious?

You can't be this dumb.

I mean fuck. Just reread the thread. NO ONE agreed with any of your half-cocked theories and EVERYONE contributed to showing you just how dumb you were being.

Please fucking stop reliving the thread over and over.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    Chris, you really need to do some research on all this.
    Unless you're suggesting that prior to the 2004 title run Joe D should have traded the entire bench for expiring contracts so as to ensure enough cap room to resign Memo. Sorry, if that's what you were suggesting, I'll just keep my mouth shut.

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I'm am suggesting, just like I did in that thread, that Joe could have opted not to sign Dyess, to move a vet role player or two on the bench with a future pick (that is allowed BTW Fool, regardless of what we traded for Sheed...you cannot trade consecutive picks is all), for cap space. I'm sure someone had a trade exception or a non guaranteed contract.

Or he could have simply chosen to keep him over Sheed. As I said I wouldn't have done the last one, but I still don't know how you can simply say he has no blame in letting Memo go. Shit, he could have traded Darko for the space to sign him. Joe felt Darko was better long term than Memo and was fine with Sheed/Dyess up front until Darko was ready. PERIOD. I would have agreed with him at the time also, but it doesn't make it right.

Blog Entries
    Once again, MLE.

GO WHITE!

He's so dumb.

That's really all there is.

It's sad.

Gotta be hard to get that dumb.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread