+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Off-Season Trade?

Off-Season Trade?

We send Richard Hamilton to Toronto

We get Belinelli, Banks and Evans (all expiring)

This is Toronto's final attempt to convince Bosh that he can and will be on an elite team if he stays in Toronto.

They give up NOTHING of importance in the overall scheme of things and land a 20ppg SG that has been to playoffs numerous times and did the job.

For us - it's a salary dump and a 1 season look at Belinelli, who everyone seemed to think had potential when he arrived in the NBA but so far he hasn't put it all together despite playing for 2 different teams (Joe Type?)

And other options:

Rip to Cleveland for Parker, Moon and West (all expiring)

Again, they're looking to win a title with their star player. How far are they willing to go to "improve" their chances?

Rip to Denver for Anderson and JR Smith (Smith expiring) Anderson has a 5 year contract less than the MLE.

Maybe if Denver signs Camby with their MLE we could swing this?

Rip to NO for Peterson, Songaila, Wright (all expiring). Kind of in the same boat as CLE and TOR and DEN in that they have their franchise player but the guy wants to win.

Rip to IND for Dunleavy (expiring) and Dahntay Jones (4 years gets $2,500,000 now). Doing this deal does hurt the Pacers cap space for 2011 but it also gives them a pretty good 1-2 punch in Granger and Rip.

And maybe Reggie would push Bird into this?

I know it's early but all I got is hope right now
    Last edited by Pharaoh; 02-23-2010 at 07:43 AM.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

So this would be after Toronto loses in the playoffs but before the draft, correct?

I would certainly consider these. I don't know off hand is there any franchise altering FA's in 2011?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

People are saying he secretly wants to play on the east coast again. I'm not so sure. Kmart, Billups and Nene can also be FA's that year, so they have a chance to add another premier FA around him in Denver.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Shoulda drafted Carmelo.
    Find a new slant.

But you can't teach height, glan

Or foreign. You can't teach foreign.
    _

All these trades could be done on Draft Day or after the stop work period.

I really don't care, as long as Rip gets dealt.

I still think it's possible that our Lotto pick is dealt with Rip or Maxiell for a player (a big?) with a shorter contract

Pharoah, your hard on for Marcus Banks will finally be fulfilled. I laughed really hard when I read that since I believe you had wanted him so badly a long time ago. Anyway, I guess the trade is fine, but I would rather find some expiring front court players for Rip, since we got 5000 guys in the swing spots.

The Banks thing goes back about 6 or so years - back to when he may have still had potential.

Back then it was about getting a defensive PG with some size.

Now it's about getting back an expiring.

BTW, I also was a "big fan" of Roger Mason Jr. He turned out OK.

I wonder what Banks may have become if he went to a team where he could have played reasonable minutes?

But who cares? The guy is a neverwas

+ Reply to Thread