+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Lions Offseason

The thought is that if STL takes a DT, then someone wants to trade up for a QB. The only deal I would be crazy about is #2 for #6 and #14 from SEA.

NFL combine coverage on NFL network for the next few days.

^ Just coming here to post that.
    Players meeting my ASS!

i think #2 is a great place to be in this draft.

i dont know if i buy the talk that suh <= mccoy, but it does sound like either would be fine, if thats what it comes to.

i think SLR take qb, almost for sure. hopefully, bradford to brees comparisons gain traction. but i bet its either him or clausen.

i'd definitly prefer to trade down, and it'd be really great if we could get a windfall by trading down from suh.

im also still convinced that LT needs to be addressed. i think that we've seen an elaborate smokescreen (im serious about this) about the lions being happy with backus. we're trying to make the league believe that if we trade down, it wont be to take okung later in the draft, and the lions have been playing this charade all offseason... not based on any one thing, more just all the stories i've read.

a dt might lead to more wins this year. but thats not what mode we're in yet.

I read that the Lions were still in the 'best player available no matter what side of the ball' mode.

They said that before last years draft too.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Cromartie to the Lions for a 5th round pick in this upcoming NFL Draft sounds great. I hope it's true!

LINK

The knock on him is that he's a shitty person and he has a lot of kids from different women. That's his business. The guy is a baller. Make it happen Joe!

Joe?

I agree on the Cro thing.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I'd do it for a fifth, but nothing more. He's on the last year of his deal and can't really tackle... But he can make plays and would be a solid #2 for us (too bad we would still need a #1).

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Joe?
    I was kidding about that. I used to say "Make it happen Joe!" when people posted pipedream trade deals like Memo and Ricky Paulding for KG. After a while I began saying "Make it happen Joe!" for anything I've wanted to happen here.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...s-and-Chargers

Looks like the trade is Maurice Morris and a 4th or 5th for Cromartie. I want this done.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11 View Post
    I'd do it for a fifth, but nothing more. He's on the last year of his deal and can't really tackle... But he can make plays and would be a solid #2 for us (too bad we would still need a #1).
    DrRay11 - I have to respectfully disagree on Cromartie being a #2. He'd be a #1 for 90% of the teams in the league. A 5th and Maurice Morris, who has been adequate, but nothing special is a steal. Cro's young and extremely talented. He had a setback for the past year and a half that's been based on a change in scheme according to the heads. I'm in. He's a beast.

I would trade down for #6 and #14 if Seattle was interested (no idea if they would be).

Then I would take a LT #6 and a DE #14.

Maybe Cody at #34.

I doubt we have any trade partners for #2 though, so I would have to take the DT up there based on how much better they are rated and hope there is still a good LT option at 34 (or the end of the 1st that we could trade up for).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread