+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20
FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Lions Offseason

Blog Entries
    Mmm pudding...
    Find a new slant.

Hill has won 10 games in 16 starts for the 49ers over the last three years. The Lions have won nine games, total, over the last three years.
    Ugh.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11 View Post
    I know it's still very early in his tenure and there is not yet a track record of success, but it appears that Martin Mayhew might be a competent GM. He's gone and adequately filled a bunch of holes already before the draft at a low price. We'll see if Chris Houston pans out.

I think if Suh is there come april, you take him.. If not, I might go with Okung and take a guy like Linvall Joseph late in the third or in the fourth. Maybe trade down and get a guy like Amari Spievey in the 2nd to play opposite Houston.

There's a lot of directions we could take in this draft... only about a month and a week til we find out!
    It appears he might be.

But trading a late round pick for a guy who was done in SF anyway didn't bring you to this, did it?

I'm not saying it was a bad move, just wonderin...
    Players meeting my ASS!

What about a trade with SF for their two firsts and a second (or third and fourth, not sure how equal those would be). At 13 and 17, you're going to get solid talent you fill more holes with 13, 17, 34, 49, than 2 and 34.

Bryan Bulaga, Earl Thomas, Dan Williams?

You get a starting LT, S, and DL in your first three picks. That's 3 of your biggest holes and you've still got a 2nd round pick to go.

Obvious issue - why would San Francisco want to trade up.

I started to go more in depth with this but realized I have to be up in 6 hours for work. Oops.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    It appears he might be.

But trading a late round pick for a guy who was done in SF anyway didn't bring you to this, did it?

I'm not saying it was a bad move, just wonderin...
    Well, considering it's extremely difficult to get FA's to come sign in Detroit, and Hill's contract is very reasonable, yes, it was a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl View Post
    What about a trade with SF for their two firsts and a second (or third and fourth, not sure how equal those would be). At 13 and 17, you're going to get solid talent you fill more holes with 13, 17, 34, 49, than 2 and 34.

Bryan Bulaga, Earl Thomas, Dan Williams?

You get a starting LT, S, and DL in your first three picks. That's 3 of your biggest holes and you've still got a 2nd round pick to go.

Obvious issue - why would San Francisco want to trade up.

I started to go more in depth with this but realized I have to be up in 6 hours for work. Oops.
    I mentioned this already. I don't see why they trade up. The only way they would is if they really want Berry badly. They need secondary help, OL help and some LB help. I doubt they move to #2 to address the latter two.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Williams is probably long gone by 34, at this point. Bulaga may be gone at 13. Who knows, fuck it, I'm tired of speculating for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRay11 View Post
    Williams is probably long gone by 34, at this point. Bulaga may be gone at 13. Who knows, fuck it, I'm tired of speculating for a while.

I agree on Williams. I was talking about using the 2nd SF pick on Williams (is their other one 19 or something like that?).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Suh excited after visiting the Lions. Said he liked the facilities and everything...prolly included the cash he'd be getting if he's selected.

Lions signed Landon Johnson LB Panthers.

Lions met with Pacman Jones before his workout for NFL teams.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I just read where Pacman didn't show for his workout for NFL teams. Imagine that.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread