+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Lions Offseason

I can't take the notion of Ramirez "developing" very seriously. Of course, I may be proven wrong, but he just doesn't have it, IMO. He's had multiple chances and seasons to show improvement...

Lions | Hoping St. Louis does not select a quarterback in NFL Draft

John Czarnecki, of FOXSports.com, reports the Detroit Lions, who own the No. 2 overall pick in the NFL Draft, have their fingers crossed that the St. Louis Rams do not select a quarterback first overall so they can trade down with either the Cleveland Browns or Buffalo Bills, who apparently are in the quarterback market.
    Gandy and Ramirez receive tenders.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl View Post
    No. Just....no.

Also, are we going to start with the Backus to guard thing all over again this offseason? I love the concept, and I was all about giving it a shot last year, but do we know he's going to be a solid LG? Maybe, maybe not. Give him a shot, but don't pencil him in as a starter and assume he'll be an improvement (not counting the improvement of getting him out of the LT spot). He could very well end up as a backup T/G, or Cherilus could get bumped inside. As long as the line improves, I don't care.
    Any position other than LT. LT being the most important position. Him sucking, or being kind...playing mediocre at best, at guard will hurt the team less than him sucking at LT...or playing mediocre.

Get a solid LT.
    Players meeting my ASS!

When has Backus ever had a good LG playing next to him to see what he's actually capable of?

Never?

Ah, thought so.

I wouldn't hate it if they drafted Okung, but I think they like Backus enough that they're going to keep him -- the staff was saying he played at a pro bowl level this year. Could all be smokes and mirrors, as well...

When has our LGs ever had a good LT to play next to him to see what they are capable of?

LT is more important than LG. Fix it.

Church of Pharoah tells me to write IMO in there someplace.
    Players meeting my ASS!

tahoe, you and me are in complete agreement.

last year we made a huge investment in stafford. early returns are it was a good one. drafting anything but a LT would be like doing anything but buying car insurance after buying a ferrarri.

im sure the lion coach would prefer a DT at #2, hence the bs about bachus being a pro bowler. a dt gets more wins NEXT year. but i dont think any qb can go through several years of what stafford went through last year. so if we build up the d but then stafford gets a career ender or is just shell shocked we'd be screwed. theres an order of operations. sometimes you cant go by biggest need or most talented.

and the closer we get, the more pumped i am about the #2 spot. it seems like any scenario should favor us. i think the only way i'll be bummed is if we end up with mccoy. which i guess is pretty plausible.

Backus is one of our 6 best players (even if he's below average). We aren't getting a LT. It makes no sense talent wise, it makes no sense $ wise. Not that we don't need one, we just need everything else a bit more.

Lion's hoping St. Louis doesn't take a quarterback? What a crock of shit. Everyone and their brother knows the Lions aren't picking a QB, and neither is Tampa Bay. So, trade with Tampa Bay and avoid paying a few extra million.
    Destiny

Why anyone would trade up to #2 when #3 would be just fine is clueless or led by Millen.
    Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by darkobetterthanmelo View Post
    Lion's hoping St. Louis doesn't take a quarterback? What a crock of shit. Everyone and their brother knows the Lions aren't picking a QB, and neither is Tampa Bay. So, trade with Tampa Bay and avoid paying a few extra million.

Because maybe more than one team wants to do this. Maybe Washington knows another team will target TB, so they work something with Detroit.

+ Reply to Thread