FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Lions Offseason

Blog Entries
    http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...ikely_lio.html

Source: It's 'highly unlikely' Lions will trade for Antonio Cromartie
    By Tom Kowalski
    March 01, 2010, 7:50PM

Blog Entries
    I'm craving an elite corner for this stupid football team. Mayhe needs to throw a kings ransom at Dunta Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma View Post
    I'm craving an elite almost anything for this stupid football team. Mayhe needs to throw a kings ransom at Dunta Robinson.
    I said something like this last year, but I don't think it was here. Instead of signing a bunch of FAs this year, get 1 top notch player.

MM will have 2 drafts and 1 FA season to bring in a bunch of players.

Its time to bring in 1 pro bowl guy and overpay if you have to. It'll help bring other FAs to the Lions, imo. Do it on day 1 of FA.

Make it happen Joe!
    Players meeting my ASS!

The point is, with an elite left tackle and a speedster like Tate who is NFL ready, Calvin/Stafford/Pettigrew will all be made better. Backus can move to LG, and with Okung Backus Raiola Peterman Cherilus you have a line that can give Stafford time. Time to hit megatron, a huge tight end, and a blazing fast WR with great hands.
    Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Make it happen Joe!
    Yes!

I was on AIM chat with Varsity earlier who brought up a great point. He was bummed about the Cromartie rumor. I was surprised at that, but then he went on to talk about how these rumors are usually leaks put out by the team trying to ship a player and get better offers. Sounds about right. Someone else is gonna pay up for the guy and we were merely a vehicle to get San Diego (whale's vagina) more than we want to offer.

In other news, while it's nobody's business, And it has nothing to do with him as a player (other than the huge responsibility he's brought on himself), three numbers 7, 6 and 5 are significant to Cromartie's life. He has 7 kids from 6 different women in 5 states. Holy shit, that's quite impressive. Shawn Kemp needs to call this kid before it gets any more out of hand than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by cromartie 2 years after his retirement
    hey, where'd all my money go?

Quote Originally Posted by mercury View Post
    In case you missed ESPN today McShay said Suh rated an "A" and McCoy "A-" at the combine today... McCoy not as strong (only 23 reps to Suh's 35).... but McCoy was quicker 5.0 in the 40.
    Corrected by the dumb fuck who posted Curry :^)

Quote Originally Posted by darkobetterthanmelo View Post
    The point is, with an elite left tackle and a speedster like Tate who is NFL ready, Calvin/Stafford/Pettigrew will all be made better. Backus can move to LG, and with Okung Backus Raiola Peterman Cherilus you have a line that can give Stafford time. Time to hit megatron, a huge tight end, and a blazing fast WR with great hands.
    No. Just....no.

We have a for-sure #1 receiver. You can find a #2 without using a a 1st round pick. We have way too many holes to start drafting 1st round receivers again. You've got to get the best of Left Tackle, Defensive Line, Secondary with both of those picks if you have the opportunity. Two elite receivers aren't worth anything if your QB is on his back and your defense can't get off the field.

Also, are we going to start with the Backus to guard thing all over again this offseason? I love the concept, and I was all about giving it a shot last year, but do we know he's going to be a solid LG? Maybe, maybe not. Give him a shot, but don't pencil him in as a starter and assume he'll be an improvement (not counting the improvement of getting him out of the LT spot). He could very well end up as a backup T/G, or Cherilus could get bumped inside. As long as the line improves, I don't care.
    _

Yeah, fuck defense.

Agreed with Zek on moving Backus to LG... I'd much rather find someone who is going to stay at that position. How many times have we tried to just "fill it" and fail? The LG position is a huge part of why the offensive line sucks. We never, ever put anyone competent there.

And, as for my "fuck defense" saying, if we somehow traded down for 6 and 14, then I would heavily consider a Bryant/Iupati first round... that would solidify the offense (assuming we sign a stopgap RB) and allow us to pick defense nearly the rest of the way. Bryant's stock may drop more due to him not doing the combine, but I guess he still has his pro day. But really, we're not trading out of #2 for that good of picks, so it's not going to happen. But the offense would look pretty good at that point, possibly drafting a RB in the first round next year...

It's too bad Veldheer's stock is going to rise so much with his impressive combine, he was my plan to replace Backus in a couple of years, grabbing him in the 4th or 5th. He'll likely go 3rd and above now, with his only real measurable negative being his arm length... My original mock would be great, but those players' stocks are higher now than they were then besides Brandon Carter and Freddie Barnes. It can't go down that way anymore.
    Last edited by DrRay11; 03-02-2010 at 08:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    don't waste the time moving Backus to guard...save some $ by flat out cutting him and let Ramirez continue to develop (if we draft Okung)

+ Reply to Thread