+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Lions Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris View Post
    I would trade down for #6 and #14 if Seattle was interested (no idea if they would be).

Then I would take a LT #6 and a DE #14.
    Okung and Graham would fit that hypothetical scenario perfectly.

How about the trade that looks like it's going down for Cromartie? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris View Post
    I doubt we have any trade partners for #2 though, so I would have to take the DT up there based on how much better they are rated and hope there is still a good LT option at 34 (or the end of the 1st that we could trade up for).
    I think that the Lions could go with a DT or an RB at 2 even and still get a nice DT for the next pick as it would all shift down from there. As far as all the reports go, McCoy and Suh are both looking like complete locks for 1 and 2.

I wouldn't touch a first round RB. There have been way too many 2nd round or later RB's that have been just fine in a time share. Plus RB's have the shortest shelf life anyway.

I'd do the Cromartie deal for a 5th rounder I suppose.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

while cromartie is an exciting thought, 2 problems:

1) the lions never get on the lucky side of injuries. if he's struggled someplace else, its a good bet he'll do so here.

2) if hes gone after one year not much point doing this. even if its just a 5th, we got SLH in the 4th i think. i'd rather atleast gamble on a prospect that a guy who's planning his escape before he gets here.

no way we should draft a RB in the first 2 rounds.

imo, the biggest needs are OT, OG, d-line, and cb. i'd rather bring in a has been FA and worry about RB next year.

There are plenty of RB free agents. I think our needs, in order of importance are DT, OG, OT, DE, KR, CB, RB, WR.

That's a lot of holes to fill. Hopefully we address DT, OG, OT in the draft.

In case you missed ESPN today McShay said Suh rated an "A" and Curry "A-" at the combine today... Curry not as strong (only 23 reps to Suh's 35).... but Curry was quicker 5.0 in the 40.

Curry bust out last year so he's trying again?

Ideal scenario is to trade down to get Okung and another pick, maybe use it on Golden Tate. Now you can spend all the other picks on defense, because the offense will be SET.
    Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy View Post
    Curry bust out last year so he's trying again?
    lol are we going to pass on him twice? the first time worked out well
    Destiny

Blog Entries
    Killer said getting Cromartie is now "highly unlikely"...

All i have to say is "fuck"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darkobetterthanmelo View Post
    Ideal scenario is to trade down to get Okung and another pick, maybe use it on Golden Tate. Now you can spend all the other picks on defense, because the offense will be SET.
    I don't see the point in using a 1st or 2nd rd pick on a WR. Especially when we could get a guy like Eric Decker, the next Wayne Chrebet (sp) in the 3rd or 4th round.

+ Reply to Thread