+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Lions Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    I don't know, I got it too. Please click it repeatedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by DBM
    No. We need to get younger, not older.

Quote Originally Posted by darkobetterthanmelo
    No. We need to get younger, not older. Why take a chance on missing out on a guy like Levy or Hill. We need those late round picks. Imagine if the Lions had 10 picks and hit on 5.
    I know it's hard to imagine around here, but that's what a lot of teams do.

Aslo aslo, lol at Hermy.
    _

Blog Entries
    Killer suggested Marc Bulger as a backup to Stafford. He's gonna be cut by the Rams and he's played w/ Linehan.

Would def. be an upgrade.

I wouldn't mind that.

Bulger would be a great backup. He's too worn down to last a season as a starter, but would be nice if your starter misses a couple games.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Devries released and per Kfloffle

Lions | Shopping No. 2 overall draft pick
    Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:10:26 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of NFL.com, reports the Detroit Lions are actively shopping the second overall pick in the NFL Draft, according to a league source, and would be very comfortable trading down, looking to stockpile three or four assets. The Lions have already been in discussions with other teams about the prospect, according to the source, and have ample time to make such a move before the draft begins April 22.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Per ESPN...Lions could be interested in Chester Taylor RB Vikes
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Per ESPN...Lions could be interested in Chester Taylor RB Vikes
    Yes please.
    _

I don't see the Lions trading down. First off, if St Louis takes a QB then nobody will trade up to #2 when they could move up to #3 and still get an elite DT. Second, where do they trade down to and who do they target? Berry will be gone. I would suspect they'd then get a LT and hope to get a DT with the extra pick (since DT is deep). Third, only Seattle (6, 14) and SF (13, 16) have extra first rounders, so even if you find a team wanting to move up you probably won't get fair value back from anyone else.

Supposing either wanted to move up for Berry, Bradford/Clausen, or a DT you could swap with them and get two starters for that #2 pick. Otherwise I don't see any way they get value by trading down.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread