+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kwame disagrees with coach

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Trade his ass already - $4 mil expiring contract and a ton of teams are "dying" to get more cap space.

Surely we can get something for this lazy fuck?
    What we need is a team that will have cap space, but could really use another few million in order to land the big names (Bosh/Amare/etc)

What teams fit that bill?

Too bad NY doesn't have their pick or we could swap Kwame for Jeffries and get a pick maybe.

Miami is a good idea, but I don't want another SG. Kwame for Chalmers/filler would interest me though.

Chicago could use another few million to make sure they have Bosh or Amare money. Wouldn't be a lotto pick, but could we do Kwame for Salmons and a pick?

OKC might be interested if they think they can land a big FA.

Do the Clippers feel they have a chance at any of those FAs? They are going to be 12-15 mil under. They could use another 4-5 mil in space. Would they do Kwame/Max and a future pick for Kamen? They'd be able to sign Amare or Bosh.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    So you are assuming that Joe is willing/able to take on years/salary in exchange for Kwame's expiring deal?

I wish I was so confident.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    So you are assuming that Joe is willing/able to take on years/salary in exchange for Kwame's expiring deal?

I wish I was so confident.
    Depends on the years. I think a year or two yes. We're not going to have cap space next year anyway (barring a major trade). Why not swap Kwame for someone with 1 more year left after this and get a pick out of it? Or if there is a young asset on a team that wants to clear space you can go that route.

For example, Salmons only has 1 extra year. Why not pay his 5 mil next year to get the Bulls first rounder? You don't think Joe would do that?

Portland might be desperate for a big with Oden and Pryz out. Not sure what we could get from them for Kwame.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I'm not saying he "wouldn't" do that, I just don't think he'll be "allowed" to.
    Find a new slant.

Why not? We're nowhere near tax level. The Pistons will be at or within a few million of the salary cap. If a current or new owner won't allow Joe to add 4 mil in salary to get a good asset then we might as well write them off until ownership changes. You can't expect Joe to win without being able to exceed the cap at all. And you won't get back to sell out crowds without bringing in some other assets.

I agree with chris. Not all teams are cut off from any financial moves just because the team is for sale.
    The Hawks weren't allowed to make any moves that didn't involve 1-year contracts because of the ownership infighting that was going on. I'm sure some other teams have been told not to add salary or years because of a potential sale. Not every team that's been sold has had to deal with that though.
    Anyone who's buying this team is going to want them to get back to selling out the Palace. Taking on some salary and improving the team is going to bring fill seats.
    _

We're not talking about adding 3 year contract.

We're talking about dealing a small $4 million expiring contract in exchange for a similar sized contract with ONE extra season on it (in order to land a future first)

If we were taking about trading Kwame and Tayshaun for Gilbert Arenas I could see current ownership saying "No" due to the length of Arenas' contract (and the whole "she bangs, she bangs - click, click motherfucker" thing).

But say we (and Philly) wanted to do Rip and Kwame for Brand? That would be an iffy situation IMO due to the extra money Brand would make over the same length of time (compared to Rip)
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I don't think Rip for Brand would be that iffy of a situation. Rip is an albatross contract. Brand is a bigger albatross contract. The difference being that Brand is a big man and the Pistons are a team sorely lacking a big man, while Rip is a swingman on a team overstocked with them.

I love having Rip and I'd rather see the Pistons somehow dump Gordon, but it's not happening and you take that chance on Brand. You could probably even get a pick out of it or swap Max for Kwame.

Rip + Max for Brand + 2nd?
    _

+ Reply to Thread