+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pharaoh's Deals

Good call. So that makes that deal even worse because we'd have no idea what changes are made there.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    NO = never better than borderline playoff team due to cheap ass owner means their pick is right in the middle of the first round. That's a good pick, even if it costs us Kwame and Daye.
    Daye WAS a middle of the first round pick....
    _

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    The only thing that makes me leery of the NY pick is that we'd have to wait another year for it. It's not out of the question for them to sign two big FA's, even if it's not James. No reason they couldn't get Amare and Joe Johnson (both flourished under D'Antoni before).

I'm not sure that Johnson/Gallinari/Chandler/Hill/Amare with Curry/Jeffries off the bench can't make the playoffs in the east. Plus they'd have Curry and Jeffries as expiring deals that they could move next year and improve even more. Say Washington gets nothing done this year and still needs to shed salary. They could easily take on Butler or Jamison. Lots of possibilities to improve with 18 mil in expiring money.
    Chris, how do the Knicks have Curry and Jeffries to use as trade assets? We've got them, cause we sent them Prince and Kwame.

Prince is more difficult to move, due to his large contract. Much easier to swing a deal with a contract is closer to the MLE, even if it is expiring.

And regardless of what they do or where the pick in 2012 ends up being you gotta consider this:

Kwame and Tay no longer fit here. We can sit back and wait for them to expire (and leave the squad) or we can deal them for other short contracts and pick up an additional first round pick.

It's a "free" first round pick - and all we had to do was move 2 guys that don't fit here anymore for 2 other guys that don't fit here either.

As for NO and trading them Daye/Kwame for Peterson and their Pick:

They're gonna be close to the tax threshold again next season (since they only just got under it). By moving Peterson now for an expiring (like Kwame + Daye) it gives them some more "wiggle" room.

Their pick is gonna be in the middle of the first round. While I understand that is where Daye got picked I also don't see Daye as someone we have to keep.

Yeah, we're basically helping them get under the threshold even more, but a mid-first round pick in 2010, with our own picks is a nice place to be when you think that Daye will never start at SF as long as Jonas "The Walls of" Jerebko is here.

And we all seem to think Double J is a keeper and I don't see Daye being ready for 30 mins per game for a couple of seasons (best case scenario). So move him, get a pick to replace him and hope you can deal Peterson next season for another pick.

Rebuilding is all about acquiring expiring contracts, youth and/or draft picks. If Joe wants to rebuild quickly then he needs to start shipping out the guys who are not gonna be part of the long term solution
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Got More Deals? Fuckin' A!

OKC/DET = E Thomas, Sefolosha, Weaver for Tay and Kwame

Weaver costs $880,000 and is signed for 3 years. Sefolosha is a Poison Pill and signed for 5 years - he'd be our defensive stopper on the wing. Thomas is expiring.

For them they gain some experience through Tayshaun, who just might help those young cats learn the ways of the force in the NBA before they let his ass walk to retain their young core. Losing Sefolosha ain't a big deal cause they have Harden there already.

ORL/DET = We get Brandon Bass and their pick - they get Kwame. They admit they fucked up and dump the guy. We get a guy many here wanted and a pick for Kwame's lazy ass.

PHI/DET = Tay or Rip for Dalembert works. Tay and Kwame or Rip for Brand works. Iggy for Tay or Rip works. Why can't we make a trade with them? Fuck Iverson.

PHO/DET = the Amare scenarios that have been floated work lol

POR/DET = they get Tay we get Outlaw (expiring) and Dre Miller (3 yrs $6 mil+). Our guard rotation would be heavy but ou don't have to keep Bynum. And if you do wanna keep Bynum there must be a different trade that Uncle Pharaoh has posted in here to clear the glut, Joe. All the work is done for you, Mr. GM.

And if Portland want the cap relief from Outlaw's deal then they can keep him and send Webster in his place (4 yrs $4+ mil now).

SAC/DET = Tay/Kwame/Summers for Nocioni/K Thomas/Thompson. Tay can teach Martin and Evans how to get along like Chauncey and Rip did while providing the "been there/done that" leadership. We take back Nocioni's deal (3 yrs) in order to gain Thompson. Thomas is the deal they're throwing in IF you take Nocioni. We'd have to work hard here JOE to get Thomspon included.

SA/DET = Thanks to Glenn's love of the Spurs: Blair + Jefferson for Tay + Kwame. Tay and Jefferson = soon to be expiring contracts so it boils down to Kwame for Blair for me. I'd do that in a heartbeat. Spurs do it cause Jefferson has not fit and Tay has been there and done that in the fucking playoffs more consistently than small ears.

IF they include Manu's expiring we can include Rip, too.

They be: Duncan, Dice, Tay, Rip, Parker. That is what it is (either you think they're DONE, or you think FUCK! That's awesome)

TOR/DET (no Bosh deals cause I did it already): Tay for Banks and Reggie Evans and their 2010 pick (all players are soon to be expiring deals). They grab Tay to help with the playoff push aka "Please Stay, Chris" and we clear out an old dude and get a pick while doing it.

Or we can give them Kwame for Banks or Evans as long as they send us their pick I don't give a fuck. Not sure what that does to their cap situation - they look like they might have some space if they dumped everyone (except Bosh lol)

UTA/DET - The Boozer deals = Tay or Rip with filler on both sides or we could just do Kwame for C.J Miles (soon to be expiring @ less than $4 mil). Dude is young so it's a "free" look at the guy. For Utah it's all about luxury tax.

WAS/DET - where to start? Their whole team (except Jamison apparently) is available...

Try this: They get Rip, Tay and Kwame. We get Butler and Gilbert "The Big Gun" Arenas AND their 2010 Pick!!!

Flip Saunders would love this lol - 2 professionals in Rip and Tay, Rip and Kwame go "home", Jamison teams with unselfish players for the first time ever. It's better to be "good" off the floor than gun waving wankers.

We be: 2 Lotto Picks in 2010 at C and PF + Butler with Stuckey, Arenas and Ben Gordon at G. Throw in Ben Wallace, Nova, Maxiell, Jerebko, Daye and it's fun in the sun people. Or the snow for you Michigan mavericks.

So there's the league and a whole bunch of trades coutesy of a wacky tobacy smokin', gun totin', 4x4 drivin', flag wavin', sheep sheerin' bionic redneck lol
    my promo skills are awesome lol

Chris, how do the Knicks have Curry and Jeffries to use as trade assets? We've got them, cause we sent them Prince and Kwame.
    You're right. But that makes it even worse on our end.

They could have Johnson/Gallinari/Prince/Hill/Amare and we're not seeing that pick for 2 years. When Prince comes off the books in a year they can go get another big FA. Crawford, Battier, Randolph, West, Barbosa, JRich, AK47 and Butler can all be UFA's. I'm really not a big fan of waiting for that pick from a city that certainly has the draw to get big FA's there.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

WAS/DET - where to start? Their whole team (except Jamison apparently) is available...

Try this: They get Rip, Tay and Kwame. We get Butler and Gilbert "The Big Gun" Arenas AND their 2010 Pick!!!

Flip Saunders would love this lol - 2 professionals in Rip and Tay, Rip and Kwame go "home", Jamison teams with unselfish players for the first time ever. It's better to be "good" off the floor than gun waving wankers.
    Interesting idea (not sure if you were serious or not). We'd be saddled with his contract for a long time, would you simply Sturbury his ass and not play him? Two lotto picks would be nice though. My only concern would be having to let other guys walk because we can't afford extensions. I think I would demand Max in there instead of Kwame (clear that 5 mil a year out if we are taking on Arenas).

I could see the Sixers dealing Iggy & Filler for TMac... then following this up with Brand for Rip/Kwame.

Mercury: The Rip to Philly thing makes too much sense IMO.

He goes home, provides a stable influence in the backcourt (with Green)for Holiday and Williams.

Granted, they only turn Brand's shitty deal into Rip's shitty but I think Rip is an easier sell to the fanbase considering he's coming "home".

Dalembert/Amare/Young/Rip/Williams could be branded as an "exciting, up-tempo" team, too. Assuming they deal Iggy for Amare of course. Or they could deal him for McGrady, which makes no sense to me since Houston have a ton of wing players already.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFChris
    You're right. But that makes it even worse on our end.

They could have Johnson/Gallinari/Prince/Hill/Amare and we're not seeing that pick for 2 years. When Prince comes off the books in a year they can go get another big FA. Crawford, Battier, Randolph, West, Barbosa, JRich, AK47 and Butler can all be UFA's. I'm really not a big fan of waiting for that pick from a city that certainly has the draw to get big FA's there.
    Even IF they landed Amare and Joe Johnson (and that's a pretty big IF IMO) they wouldn't be that good. Where is Steve Nash? What other real bigs do they have? Jordan Hill doesn't count, man.

And then when Tay comes off the books they'd go get another big free agent? How? They'd have Joe at the MAX and Amare at the MAX. The things that team would lack are a C and a PG. Can they fill both spots simply because Tay expired? I doubt it.

Honestly, unless New York land Lebron (or Bosh) I can't see them being too good any time soon. That team is crap. So I'd take my chances with their 2012 pick.

Besides, worst case scenario is that you get a pick in the mid to late first round. For what? Switching Prince and Kwame with Jeffries and Curry? That's a good deal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Interesting idea (not sure if you were serious or not). We'd be saddled with his contract for a long time, would you simply Sturbury his ass and not play him? Two lotto picks would be nice though. My only concern would be having to let other guys walk because we can't afford extensions. I think I would demand Max in there instead of Kwame (clear that 5 mil a year out if we are taking on Arenas).
    Half serious/half joking. And I'd play Arenas. He's bat shit crazy but he's never faced anything like this before. Maybe he finally gets "it"? A guy with that much talent can't be discounted.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were willing to take Maxiell in that deal. From all reports the Arenas/Wizards relationship is all fucked up so maybe they do almost anything to get him out of town? Rip, Tay and Maxiell is a good package considering Tay's contract.

Oh, and Chris - I went with your idea of acquiring a pick by dealing Kwame to teams looking for cap space:

CHI = We get Salmons and a pick - they'd have to get Kwame + Summers + Atkins. Small price for them to pay to have the additional cap room.

HOU = We get Andersen/Dorsey + pick- they get Kwame

IND = Apparently want cap space in 2011. By sending us Dahntay Jones and Watson + a pick now for Kwame/Summers the only dudes they have on the books come 2011 are Granger and AJ Price (+ young guys with options).

MIN = Looking for more space = Gomes/Sessions for Kwame/Daye/Summers. They have 3 first rounders in 2010 - we get one of them.

NJ = Dooling and their 2nd in 2010 for Kwame. It's gonna be pick #31. Isn't that supposed to be more valuable than a late first?

IND = Apparently want cap space in 2011. By sending us Dahntay Jones and Watson + a pick now for Kwame/Summers the only dudes they have on the books come 2011 are Granger and AJ Price (+ young guys with options).
    Glenn's loving it.
    _

+ Reply to Thread