+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Facebook

Anyone on facebook here? Or maybe a better question would be is there anyone that is NOT on facebook here?
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I have a Facebook ID, for searching purposes only. Recently, I enabled all the privacy controls on it, while placing a unique chunk of easily-searchable info in it, supposedly secured. If'n'when Facebook decides to shit on people's privacy, I can tell. The perception of community and trust that some family and friends might have about Facebook isn't shared by me, which is why I'm not on under my real name or anything like that.

Not on it and never will be.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I got pestered into creating a page but I don't post on it at all.

Don't have it, don't want

My brother wants me to sign up "only so we can play poker" or something on there. Apparently they have a billion games like farm boy and tetris type stuff, plus this "great" poker thing.

My fiance has an account and about 400 friends - she actually knows most of them - which just blows my mind. If I ever use Facebook to play poker it will be with her account.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Those facebook games are the devil. They'd be harmless if all they did was lure the people who play them into minesweeping their lives away but they also encourage players to spam every fucking move they make to every single friend they have on facebook. While you can permanently suppress notices from any individual application, there are 3.2 billion of them with new ones added every day. Terrible.

I have a facebook, and I'm a big fan. Don't play the games, though; just use it to keep in touch with my high school buds, work buds, and relatives.

I haven't talked to any high school friends in 12 years. Why would I want to talk to them now?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Thanatos
    I have a facebook, and I'm a big fan. Don't play the games, though; just use it to keep in touch with my high school buds, work buds, and relatives.
    Agreed... I still am falling out of touch with my high school friends, but that's not bad considering most of them are idiots...

+ Reply to Thread