• Carlos Delgado (.298, 4 HR, 23 RBI) *Injured*

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finishing Touches On The Roster

Blog Entries

Finishing Touches On The Roster

I'm convinced they'll sign at least one position player...

Who would you like to see Dave make a run at?

Blog Entries
    I want Jermaine Dye. Guy hit like a monster at CoPa for half a decade and he'd allow Leyland to ration Maggs and prevent his '11 kicker from vesting

I thought Dye signed somewhere already, guess not. What kind of deal would you imagine for each (that's a factor)?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I think Damon would get the highest.

The rest would be lucky to get more than a 1 year deal.

Kennedy and Lopez are the only 2 that wouldn't play DH, and I think both would be solid upgrades to Sizemore at 2B (especially since we have no idea whether or not he can even play).

I think we need some power, since Ordonez and Guillen aren't going to offer much in terms of HR's.

Blog Entries
    Actually, I would change my vote from Dye to Branyan, now that I think about it. Main reason being that Branyan is a lefty, and our lineup desperately nees a left handed hitter.

Blog Entries
    Dye - I'm guessing would get 1 yr/$5-7m with a 2nd yr team option + incentives

some of these guys (Branyan, Kennedy & Gomes) signed minor league contracts last spring

I have to admit I know nothing about Branyon. I do like the idea of a lefty though. I think they need an OF bat for sure. I'd rather not get a DH type that forces Maggs and Carlos into plenty OF time.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I'm guessing it'll be Damon if he'll drop his asking price. Supposedly he was down to $6Mill with an option last week.

Just don't know if there's room for another infielder if Sizemore makes the team. Santiago can back up 2nd. Maybe a minor league deal and invite for Kennedy but Lopez is supposedly a cancer so I'd avoid him.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I have to admit I know nothing about Branyon. I do like the idea of a lefty though. I think they need an OF bat for sure. I'd rather not get a DH type that forces Maggs and Carlos into plenty OF time.
    Branyan looks like Christian Laettner. And he strikes out a ton. He swings hard, just in case he hits it.
    Find a new slant.

I'd take Delgado right off the list. Yes, it would be great to have his bat in the lineup, but he's coming back from injury and he's got 2 positions he's capable of playing: 1B and DH. I think between Guillen and Ordonez, we've got DH covered. Obviously Cabrera is holding down 1st.

Where are the biggest holes right now?
    We have no backup at 1B and 3B unless you count Guillen or Raburn.
    Austin Jackson will start in center, is Clete Thomas his backup? Wilkin Ramirez?
    Santiago and Everett platoon at SS, Santiago and Sizemore platoon at 2B.
    Obviously we can count on no offensive production from the left side of the infield with our current roster.
    _

+ Reply to Thread