+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mike Hart wants to be Michigan's football coach one day

Blog Entries

Mike Hart wants to be Michigan's football coach one day

Mike Hart wants to be Michigan's football coach one day

JOHN NIYO
    The Detroit News

Fort Lauderdale, Fla. -- Mike Hart isn't lobbying for Rich Rodriguez's job as Michigan football's head coach. Not yet, at least.

But the Wolverines' all-time leading rusher, now a reserve running back with the AFC champion Indianapolis Colts, wasn't hiding his future ambitions Tuesday at Super Bowl XLIV media day.

Hart has been through a lot in his first two NFL seasons, from a torn ACL as a rookie last year to being waived and re-signed by the Colts twice this season. And he admits he contemplated calling it a career last fall and getting started on "my real life."

And just what might that be?

"I want to coach," Hart said. "And hopefully I'll be the head coach at Michigan one day. That's my goal."

Head coach?

"No joke," Hart said, smiling. "That's ultimately what I want to do. I love Michigan. That's a big part of me."

Hart credits his former coaches, Lloyd Carr, and U-M running backs coach Fred Jackson with helping him pull through a tough 2009.

Said Hart: "When I called (Lloyd), he said, 'Listen, Mike, you're gonna be a head coach. You're a great kid. You're gonna be the head coach of Michigan one day, there's no question in my mind. But you can't always play football. So give it another year or two years and see what happens before you decide to get on that coaching (track.)'"

Hart, a sixth-round pick by the Colts in 2008, said he knows it'll take some ladder-climbing to reach his goal. He noted Tuesday that ex-Wolverine tailback Tyrone Wheatley coached high school football and then served as "an assistant's assistant assistant" at Michigan before landing his current job as Eastern Michigan's running backs coach.

But he says he's willing -- as soon as he's ready.

"I love football, first and foremost," said Hart, whose role is as a special-teams player and occasional short-yardage back for the Colts. "And I've always seen myself as a coach. I love helping people out. I'm kind of a student of the game. I love learning it, I love watching it, I love studying it. And it's one of those things where I've always been a part of football, so I always see myself not doing anything but being a part of football.

"Lloyd's a big role model for me. He's like another dad to me. I see what he does and the kind of guy he is, and I just want to be part of that and the Michigan tradition. And I think I can do it."

Hart on Rodriguez
    Hart went out to dinner Monday night in Miami with some of his fellow Michigan alums in the NFL: Jake Long, Shawn Crable and Prescott Burgess.

All four players finished their college careers in 2007 and 2008 at the end of Lloyd Carr's tenure in Ann Arbor.

And as you'd expect, among the topics discussed was the current state of Michigan's football program, coming off consecutive losing seasons for the first time in nearly a half-century.

"It's tough," Hart said. "I'd never say anything bad about Rich Rod, never say anything bad about the Michigan program. But at the end of the day, you have to win games. As long as they win this year, he'll be fine.

"But no one wanted to see Lloyd lose games, no one wanted to see Bo lose games. If you're at Michigan, not making a bowl game, you're not gonna last. And I'm not saying anything he doesn't know. He knows he has to win games."

Added Hart: "No one wants to see Michigan lose. We don't care who the head coach is. Say what you want about Rich Rod -- I like him as a guy. I think he's a good coach. ... Ultimately, if he wins, he's gonna be fine. No matter who it is, you have to win games."
    Find a new slant.

Said Hart: "When I called (Lloyd), he said, 'Listen, Mike, you're gonna be a head coach. You're a great kid. You're gonna be the head coach of Michigan one day, there's no question in my mind. But you can't always play football. So give it another year or two years and see what happens before you decide to get on that coaching (track.)'"

Let me translate, "Mike, shut the fuck up and stop calling me. You are a great little guy and I am sure if you bug enough people you can be an usher because you are a great kid, theres no question in my mind. Stop fucking calling me."
    www.university.com

AD says RR keeps his job even though NCAA ruled he practiced too much.

Michigans biggest defense of this accusation is...their record.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Players meeting my ASS!

frank530
    White shoes with purple dress
    White will work with many casual purple dresses. Specifically, you are going to want to go with light canvas tennis shoes. If you can find ugg adirondack boots otter purple laces that match the dress that would be a great color touch.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    That, hands down, is the best spam post EVAR!!!!

Seriously... POTY candidate right there.

Blog Entries
    Michigan's all-time leading rusher, Mike Hart, is back in the state -- as a coach.

The former Wolverine has just started on Eastern Michigan coach Ron English's staff. He can work on the field, according to EMU spokesman Jim Streeter.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2011081...coaching-staff

Blog Entries
    Kinda surprised he couldn't catch on elsewhere in the league. The few times I saw him play as a Colt he looked pretty good.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Maybe he didn't want to.

Sorry, but there is NOT a more unlikely candidate for head coach than Mike Hart.
    Yeah, he's a tough guy. A manly man-man and all that.
    But he has immortalized himself as the person who uttered a famous quip that forever changed the culture of Michigan State football. Yes, his "Little Brother" thingy is probably the single most embarrassing thing to ever happen to Michigan and the negative karma generated from this is going to sting for years. I believe that was the day Mark Dantonio galvanized MSU, the people running the show down there, the fan base, and used it to turn the tide. It didn't hurt, of course, that Michigan was busy making sure Rodriguez would fail miserably so they could get Jim Harbaugh, er, Les Miles, er BRADY HOKE YES THAT'S WHO WE MEANT HE'S OUR #1 GUY ALL ALONG into the fold.
    ]Mike Hart never knew when to shut the FUCK up--and there's no way he could ever be the representative of any college football program with his inability to find a remedy for his mouthy diarrhea.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread