+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Arron Afflalo appreciation thread

Blog Entries

Arron Afflalo appreciation thread

FTW.

I bet Afflalo appreciates Joe for getting him the hell out of here (and Joe even did it without making Denver any worse!)
    Find a new slant.

I'd actually say he made them better.
    _

Yes, everyone here feels he's better than Dantay Jones, which is true. He's a more well rounded offensive player with the same level of defense. He can also guard some SF's, which Jones could not. He's been great for Denver. They could use another big man for depth, but otherwise it's a pretty solid team. Not sure if they can take the Lakers, but I give them a punchers chance.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

The Enforcer Double A was/is:

A young guy that can shoot the 3

On a cheap rookie contract

Provides depth at SG and probably SF

Haven't heard/read anything bad about his attitude

Haven't heard/read anything bad about his work ethic

and we dealt him to clear more cap space (when we had $16+ million to begin with) in order to sign Chris Wilcox...

Why, oh why Joe?

Sure, with Rip, BG, Stuckey and others all capable of playing SG you probably don't need Afflalo but FCOL the kid as coming off a decent season. For the life of me I will never understand why he was traded.

With Big Ben, Maxiell, Nova and Kwame on the books, plus Jerebko "capable" of playing minutes at PF Joe and the rest of the braintrust decided that we just absolutely had to clear some more cap space to sign a big.

I wouldn't complain IF we got someone reasonable - but we signed Chris Wilcox! Teams weren't lining up to sign him. Maybe that's a sign the dude ain't all that good.

Afflalo? He might not be all that good either, but he's a more attractive asset for other teams in any trade situation. And rebuilding teams need to consider shit like that before giving such assets away for nothing (or next to nothing)

EDIT - my post was all jammed up like one long run on sentence. I hate that shit
    Last edited by Pharaoh; 02-04-2010 at 08:35 AM.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Trouble is he couldn't shoot wide open 3s last year. Now he can. Kid always worked hard, good for him.

I'm not too mad about this really. How much PT would he really get when we're healthy? None. I can understand trading him to sign a big once BG was here. I don't understand the 2 year deal for Wilcox though.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    i still can't believe we gave a capable good young roleplayer away, who would have been a very nice backup SG on a rookie salary...to replace him with a 58 million SG makes it even worse, if we can't finally move RIP

Simmons (on his podcast with JA Adande) said how good Afflalo was, and how stupid Dumars is for getting rid of him.

Apparently he played awesome defence against Kobe last time they played...

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Too inconsistent for me to regret losing him. But I got nothing against him. I hope he keeps doing well.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I'm not too mad about this really. How much PT would he really get when we're healthy? None. I can understand trading him to sign a big once BG was here. I don't understand the 2 year deal for Wilcox though.
    I'm a little made about it and not because he'd sit on the bench IF we were healthy.

I'm a little mad because we gave away a serviceable young player who was cheap in order to sign a piece of shit.

I don't understand trading him to clear cap space when we had $16+ mil in cap space from the fucking start! We knew we needed bigs. It's not like Joe woke up on July 1st and suddenly found out he had no real starting PF or C.

He knew that shit was coming all season long and did NOTHING.

Shit, on draft day we actually used all our picks on a position we already had filled. And we then compounded that mistake by using the majority of our cap space on a position that wasn't only filled, it was filled by a guy we just fucking extended!

This blows my mind, this shit. I just can't fathom how it could possibly make sense to anyone here or to anyone in the organisation and I certainly have no fucking idea how Joe processed that shit.

What the fuck was he thinking?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread