+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DLP v LCD v LED

DLP v LCD v LED

Anyone have any thoughts comments etc.

I've been pretty happy with DLP for years now, but bought another LCD today. In this room, well lit, it really is quite a bit better.

Problem is that I want a big fuckin TV.

Thoughts....
    Players meeting my ASS!

I believe LCD has the lowest power consumption... most likely the best return for ur $s

I have a DLP, 56 inch, great picture, but lots of problems with the bulbs. Avoid DLP!
    I want Michigan State to win every game they play, except Michigan.

No plasma on this list? I dont know anything about DLP. I do know a good deal about LCD vs LED vs Plasma though.

I have a plasma and would never buy either of the other two. Plasma is about half the cost for the same quality. Yes, they use more power, but not enough to not buy them. The operating cost for a big plasma is about 60 bucks a year. LCD is about 20-25 a year. As I said though, my plasma (which was the highest rated one by most sites) was 1300 bucks a couple years ago for a 42". The highest rated LCD at that time (40" Bravia) was 2400 bucks. It take 17 years before the power costs outweigh the initial cost difference.

Plasma have no motion blur so you get a true picture when dealing with any motion. LCD's have 120+ Hz sets that don't have blur either, but they make up pixels in between frames. Plasma also gets much better picture in dark shows. Since I have an HDMI port on my laptop, I'm not concerned about not having a VGA port on my TV either. Mine has a anti glare filter too. We have it in a room with 6 picture windows in the sunniest state in the country and I rarely have viewing issues from that.

Only way I buy an LCD is if it is under 40 inches in size.

My next TV will be the same Panasonic Viera series I have. They have a 50 inch for 900 bucks now.

LED is just an LCD with a different back lighting method. Supposedly better on some models, but pricey right now. Still not as good a picture as plasma though.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Types of TV breakdown:

http://www.cnet.com/1990-7874_1-5108...ent;contentNav

If you are lazy just read the chart at the bottom. If you are buying one, best not to be lazy though on your research.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I bet Chris' TV has a rich mahogany cabinet.

Jk I have a Viera also.
    Find a new slant.

Yeah, I did about 3 hours of research before buying my Samsung plasma, it's just a much better value these days.

No doubt Plasma has better res...
    WTFChris, we bought a 40" Bravia this year for LCD $799... big difference

LED = best, but by far most expensive... If you want great value, LCD or Plasma...

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    I bet Chris' TV has a rich mahogany cabinet.

Jk I have a Viera also.
    Make that 3.

I think I remember talking to Chris about it when he was doing his search.

Have had zero problems with it in the ... 5 years I've had it now.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread