View Poll Results: 10 years of drafting, what grade do you give him?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 5.88%
  • B

1 5.88%
  • C

5 29.41%
  • D

8 47.06%
  • E

2 11.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Joe's drafting history grade poll

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Stop whining about how terrible it is for you to read someone else's opinion.

We all gotta read your opinion - and I don't whine about it.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    lol
    Find a new slant.

Bullshit. What 9 picks have been "solid" for him?

These are the only possible ones to consider solid:
    Mehmet Okur, Tayshaun Prince, Carlos Delfino, Jason Maxiell, Amir Johnson, Rodney Stuckey, Arron Afflalo, Austin Daye, Jonas Jerebko

That's 9 and some of those are pretty borderline. He has 3 listed as up in the air (are JJ or Daye in that?).

The other problem with this is it doesn't factor draft position. He has O'Conner rated the same percentage, but he only had one lotto pick in that time frame (Deron Williams). He had the 14th pick once. Everything else is 18+. Dumars has had 6 picks 15 or better to the 2 O'Conner has had. No way they can have the same draft rating.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

^ I Agree ^

Half of those "solid picks" aren't even starters and half of them are already gone. Not very impressive.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by micknugget View Post
    ^ I Agree ^

Half of those "solid picks" aren't even starters and half of them are already gone. Not very impressive.
    I wouldn't necessarily expect a generic "solid pick" to be anything more than a rotation player.

yeah, in the late 20's the best I hope for is a rotation player. I don't think Max, Delfino, AA and certainly Prince were misses because maybe better players went later. If you get solid contributions from late firsts I think that is all you can ask.

Joe's problem has always been the top half of the first round. None of those picks are solid based on position. Jury is out on Daye and I'm still not sure Stuckey is solid until he develops a jumper or becomes a solid PG (either one would be fine).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris View Post
    yeah, in the late 20's the best I hope for is a rotation player. I don't think Max, Delfino, AA and certainly Prince were misses because maybe better players went later. If you get solid contributions from late firsts I think that is all you can ask.

Joe's problem has always been the top half of the first round. None of those picks are solid based on position. Jury is out on Daye and I'm still not sure Stuckey is solid until he develops a jumper or becomes a solid PG (either one would be fine).
    wouldn't hurt if he stopped having seizures either.
    It's like marvel drew a man genetically engineered to fuck your girlfriend.

Alistair Overeem seem looks pretty regular to me.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread