View Poll Results: 10 years of drafting, what grade do you give him?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 5.88%
  • B

1 5.88%
  • C

5 29.41%
  • D

8 47.06%
  • E

2 11.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Joe's drafting history grade poll

WTFtranslator:

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I'm going to tell you again we keep Sheed, even though you never suggested we shouldn't have.

We're both in agreement, but I'll continue to hammer home a point that you said was agreed upon by %99 of this board.

I'm tired of reading P + Chris questioning Joe's sainthood so I'm going to ignore all posts by them.

Even though Joe could have kept him, we should just be happy he drafted him to begin with. We should be happy he found talent and not care that he didn't keep it (like AA as well).
    I don't know what the other contracts were at the time, but I'm sure he could have moved Z or another player with a pick to clear space if he was really that high on Memo.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

You don't remember the situation but you're sure you could have changed it.

I mean.

And no one calls him a saint, but most of us don't spend 5 years recreating the same thread over and over again making a point that everyone already agrees with.

We traded Z and most of our picks to get Sheed. Even so, he only made half of what Memo got.
    Last edited by Fool; 02-04-2010 at 11:51 AM.
    STEW BEEF!

No. I said I don't remember the contracts of the rest of our role players and who would have needed to be moved to create space for Memo.

We let Memo walk because we did not have his bird rights (needed to exceed the cap to keep him). What I don't know is the contracts of the other bench guys (EC, Ham, Hunter, Corliss, James, Darko, etc). I know we traded Corliss for DC. Might we have been able to dump him on a team with cap space to have Memo space? Hard to say now.

There are always ways to make space, it just depends on what price you are willing to pay (assets given up). Clearly Joe didn't feel he was worth it.

So go ahead and keep giving him credit for Memo panning out despite that.
    And no one calls him a saint, but most of us don't spend 5 years recreating the same thread over and over again making a point that everyone already agrees with.
    If everyone agreed then they wouldn't be including Memo in their 'proof' of his good drafting. If everyone agreed we'd be saying he hit on Prince, probably on Stuckey, maybe on Daye and JJ...and that's about it. Everyone else was basically a bust (or marginal role player at best), or he let them go before reaping rewards.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Everyone has to agree with every dumb statement you make in order for everyone to agree Joe's not a great drafter?

We didn't trade for Coleman (who again, made no where close to Memo money) until after Memo was already a Jazz.

Care to take a third swing at it?

Picking someone actually on the team at the time would be good enough at this point. No need to dream up a realistic scenario.
    STEW BEEF!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    There was no realistic way to keep both memo and sheed. None. I love this revisionist history.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

We didn't trade for Coleman (who again, made no where close to Memo money) until after Memo was already a Jazz.
    It doesn't matter when the trade happened. Joe does know the cap situation for the offseason before the season ends. He signed Dyess to a 4 year 23 mil deal to replace him. Memo signed for 6 years at 50 mil. The difference between the two contracts would have been less than 3 mil a year. DC made 4.5 mil. So tell me again why we couldn't have moved Corliss to a team with cap space (instead of bringing back DC's salary) and used the money on Memo (instead of Dyess and DC)?

The fact is that he could have done it. He felt Dyess and DC were better than Memo. PERIOD.

So don't give me this shit about dream scenarios. Joe didn't feel Memo was worth that amount, so he didn't clear the space to keep him. Again, that is fine (we still had enough to win it and they choked). Just don't give me this shit about him not having a choice.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    MLE

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Not to mention the fact that we only got DC for Corliss as a tax clearing move so if there was a magic team that would have taken Corliss' entire contract we clearly would have done that deal instead.

But I like how he assumes all this totally wrong shit and then uses it to build an absolutely horrible conclusion that Dumars didn't like one of the only good players he's ever drafted.

I like how rock solid positive he is about that horrible conclusion also.

I mean, Dumars stuck with Delfino, Darko and Amir forever but supposedly jettisoned Memo immediately.

Let's go back to trying to name someone who was actually on the team at the right time. Baby steps.
    STEW BEEF!

Yeah, we acquired DC knowing he was done. That's why we wanted him, to keep us under the tax.

I'm going to stop reading P + Chris jizzum fests.
    This is a topic about Joe's Drafting ability.

You should have known (and did know) that at some stage I would blast Joe for his poor record.

Stop whining about how terrible it is for you to read someone else's opinion.

We all gotta read your opinion - and I don't whine about it.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread