+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which would be more difficult: Finding a taker for Rip or Max?

But GD - if we traded Rip for Brand tomorrow are we taking back an "equally" bad contract?

One guy is a big man that scores in the paint and grabs boards.

The other plays on the same team as Ben Gordon.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I would probably swap RIP for Brand, but only if they take Max too. That would equal the money out over the length of both contracts.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Randolph also likes to share rape victims.

That was Randolph right? Sloppy seconds on a chick who said she didn't consent?

Also, Rip doesn't have a bad contract. He's not free. But he's not over paid. Kid went to 3 all-star games (coaches pick, not T-Mac style) and won a championship while being the leading scorer every year his team went to 6 straight conference finals.

Don't let Gla talk Rip down to make his terrible argument better, HE LOVES TO DO THAT. Dude is the classic "grass is greener" poster.

Also, lol@ spending a year crying "OH NO! What if RIP LEAVES!!???" and then spend the length of his contract extension crying about being stuck with him.
    Last edited by Fool; 01-27-2010 at 10:46 AM.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    You love to twist that part.

Being concerned about not having a plan if he had left is different than wanting to lock him up long term at $10m+.

But you know this.

If I knew that Joe was going to throw crazy money at Ben Gordon, then you let Rip walk or trade him pre-extension.
    Find a new slant.

RIP is overpaid if he's going to shoot sub %40 from now on. If he goes back to shooting over %45 then he can be a valuable Piston (or trade piece). At that point you can talk about moving a different guard. Until then, his contract is an albatross.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    RIP is overpaid if he's going to shoot sub %40 from now on. If he goes back to shooting over %45 then he can be a valuable Piston (or trade piece). At that point you can talk about moving a different guard. Until then, his contract is an albatross.
    Oh God, no doubt. The presumption is Rip is a rythm player and he's finding it again.

Bigger worry may be the sudden injury issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Randolph also likes to share rape victims.

That was Randolph right? Sloppy seconds on a chick who said she didn't consent?
    That was Chauncey.

The only thing I remember about Chauncey is my buddy who used to bounce at Se7en would see him come in with two women on his arm every couple of months.

This is what I was thinking of with Randolph http://deadspin.com/202232/zach-rand...able-sex-shows
    STEW BEEF!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Chauncey settled out of court with a nutjob who accused him of gang raping her along with Ron Mercer at Fatoine's place in Boston. This was shortly after Chauncey was caught stealing from the campus bookstore at U-Colorado.

I'm not surprised we only got AI for him, and not even a first round pick.

I'd take Brand in a deal for Rip and Kwame right now.Brand isn't a dominant big but he certainly can play 30 minutes most nights and put up 15 and 8 with a block. And apparently he's a "choir boy" off the floor too.I really don't know how you guys expect Joe to acquire some dominant big man in a trade - teams aren't exactly giving those guys away. Joe's best chance at a big is the Draft or he's got to take a risk on someone like Brand, or Amare.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread