+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which would be more difficult: Finding a taker for Rip or Max?

Blog Entries
    I see you twisted "he's a big expiring contract in a few months" into "he expires in 17 months".

Well played.

Those other things are superfluous, being fairly typical in today's NBA.
    Find a new slant.

Yeah, I really thought you were trying to say that he was able to be moved for salary reasons, when in fact the salary situation he bore was much worse. At least in the examples K-S gave the deals were close to equal.

Which other player has punched 2 teammates in the face?

Which other player has one of the worst winning percentage of any max paid player? I think that's always been the biggest knock on him, his teams play bad with him as the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Which other player has one of the worst winning percentage of any max paid player? I think that's always been the biggest knock on him, his teams play bad with him as the lead.
    Which other players were max-deal players for the Blazers, Knicks, Clippers, and Grizzlies? Not that I think he's not a terribly overpaid guy, but it's not entirely his fault that his record is so terrible.
    _

Just like it isn't Rip's fault we won so much, but he sure helped by being a team player. And it will help when we look to move him.

Randolph is not reflective of the NBA as Glenn would have you believe. He is the absolute worst of a bad scene. He will do it again. He will burn down a club or pee on a police horse or fight a woman. Rip will run in the sand with Reggie Miller, which may be gay, but GMs dig on it.

Blog Entries
    I actually agree with you on Randolph, bad dude.

Rip's rep is probably that of a diva, but I'm not aware of any other red flags.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I like what Memphis did by acquiring him, though.

They basically had a one year trial to see if he would work out, and if he didn't, he'll be a huge expiring contract this summer.

They looked kinda dumb at the time, but pretty damn smart right now.

Rip has 3 more seasons on his deal after this one, and unlike Randolph, his game won't be peaking when he's an expiring.
    Find a new slant.

Yeah, but if we deal Rip for someone with 4 years left after this one.......

Blog Entries
    Hell, as long as that someone is over 6'8" and can actually play around the rim, I'm game.

If you are going to overpay dudes, might as well not overpay a bunch of smalls that play the same position.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    One has never been bad, the other has never been good.
    This.

Despite Rip's age and contract he is a proven playoff performer. Any team with a 2-4 year "window" could really use him, regardless of whoever else they have.

Maxiell? Fuck! He was never gonna be anything more than a role player when he got drafted and the only thing that has changed from draft night is that he's now overpaid.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Back when trades were actually made based on talent/performance I agree that Rip>Max, but the only thing I'm sure of now is that they both got contracts that they shouldn't have, and neither of them will be easy to move.

It's going to take a special situation or maybe even passing them off as a tag along with other premium assets (Stuckey and/or the pick) to get it done.

The other option might be taking back an equally bad or worse deal in exchange, but with the team ownership situation being what it is, even that is unlikely.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread