+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fire up the Amar'e/Pistons trades

If it weren't for his potential FA status next season, this is a no brainer.
    The fact that he can opt out and walk away could mean we give away our lottery pick for nothing. Would you give up a lottery pick plus the asset of a large expiring contract next season to get thumped in the first round of the playoffs? Technically the Suns wouldn't get a lottery pick, but we'd still be essentially giving one up since we likely miss the playoffs without him.

Unless we can have a guaranteed extension or opt-in on the final year of his deal, this is a tough sell to me. Lottery pick + $11m expiring vet with some talent > 50-50 odds of a big man who doesn't play D to pair with another big that doesn't play D.

Who really thinks Amare and Villanueva as your big men is a good idea? Both play defense like its a chore and neither are good rebounders.
    _

That's why you keep the lotto pick and add Aldridge or another big to play alongside Amare. CV comes off the bench.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

High risk proposition (he bolts)....
    Tay & CV (cap redo)... no picks no young talent included.

There's no way they're trading Stoudamire for Tay and CV. That's just ridiculous.

There's almost no way they're trading him to the Pistons without the pick. What value are they getting for him in return? Stuckey and Prince?
    _

I think any deal would start with Stuckey and the pick.

Tay is merely along for the ride because of his pay.

Would Joe do it? I doubt it
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Langlois
    The cost will be high. My guess is Phoenix would ask for Austin Daye and Rodney Stuckey or Stuckey and this year’s No. 1 pick. But the Pistons would have to include another approximate $10 million in salary – that’s probably Tayshaun Prince. Stoudemire could leave as a free agent in July. You’d have to be really sure you can keep him and really sure he fits your roster to make that deal. And while Stoudemire is certainly playing at a high level now and should have many good years ahead of him, there is some concern about the durability of his knee that underwent microfracture surgery two summers ago.
    Find a new slant.

Stoudemire just isn't worth imho with injuries, the question of his ability to play as efficiently in Kuester's system as in D'Antoni's/Gentry's, and age--he'll be at least 30 by the time our next influx of talented youngsters peak--considered.

When our youngsters peak?

If we dealt Stuckey, Daye and Tay what youngsters do you mean?

Keep our pick and grab a PG, or use the MLE on a PG or just go with Rip, BG and Bynum as the guard rotation.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    just go with Rip, BG and Bynum as the guard rotation.
    Hell no!
    _

+ Reply to Thread