+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rudy Gay

Rudy Gay

IF he's available for Tayshaun Prince and our 2010 Pick (top 3 protected) then I believe Joe has to make that trade.

If nothing else Gay would be a great asset this coming off-season.

So:

Prince/Summers/2010 Pick (top 3 protected) for

Rudy Gay/Steven Hunter/Lester Hudson

works under the cap

We be:

Big Ben, Maxiell, Gay, Rip, Stuckey, BG, Nova, Bynum, Jerebko,

They be:

Who they are

Thoughts?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Does it make the team better? Yes. But does it make the team a championship contender? No, and it takes away our 2 best assets.

Our 2010 pick could be in the lottery, top 5, top 10, we don't know yet. I know you top 3 protected it, but a top 4 players is an extremely valuable player. Also, Tayshauns expiring contract will be gold for a team next year. A huge contract with no baggage attached, Tayshaun can be a good team player for one year then have his contract expire. Do you really want to give that and a potential 4th overall pick for Rudy Gay, a guy that COULD be amazing but is most likely a poor mans Carmelo? It still doesn't address the big man problem, and we would be too good with Gay to get a top 3 pick in the 2011 draft. I can't go through another year of Maxiell and Wilcox getting any minutes at all.

Lottery protect the pick and switch in Hamilton, and I'm in.
    Destiny

Agreed. Gay isn't a championship player. No defense, all offense. This team needs a player like Battier, not Gay.

That deal never happens if you switch in Hamilton. It likely doesn't happen if you lottery protect the pick. That said, I wouldn't trade Tay and the #4 pick for Rudy Gay, so I would want more than top-3 protection. I'd do Tay and top-10 protected in a heartbeat but Memphis doesn't do that deal.

Why are they dealing Gay in this scenario, anyway?

Edit: After taking 10 to think about this, I'd probably do this deal as Tay and a top-3 protected. I wouldn't want to trade the #4 pick but what are the odds of us getting it? If we did the deal Pharaoh suggests, we'd have:

Stuckey/Bynum/Atkins
    Rip/BG
    Gay/Jerebko/Daye
    CV/Max/Wilcox
    Ben/Brown/Hunter

I don't know where the defense comes from, since Gay is like CV, he CAN be a good defender but he usually isn't, but I think that team can grab the 8 seed. In the very least, it would be picking in the 8-12 range, which I'd trade for Gay.

We'd still need to make a move for a big-man at some point, likely in the offseason since none of those assets are going to get us one unless we're trading Stuckey.
    Last edited by Zekyl; 01-23-2010 at 11:27 AM.
    _

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantBell
    I am very much against this move.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoopy
    Agreed. Gay isn't a championship player. No defense, all offense. This team needs a player like Battier, not Gay.
    I wonder if Detroit will trade us Tayshaun Prince, I hear he is on the block.

Oh wait, MIND FUCK.
    Hype?

Ths team already has too many energy guys that can't score.

We're a fantastic rebounding team and pretty good halfcourt defensive team that can't win games because other teams are scoring in transition far too often against us. We simply can not score efficiently enough to prevent that.

So the general feeling is that Rudy Gay - as an asset - is worth a lot less than Tayshaun Prince and a Top 3 protected 2010 pick?

Or should I put it another way:

If you were Joe Dumars and you wanted to trade for a quality big man which "package" would you rather have to offer:

Package 1 = Tayshaun Prince's expiring contract and a Rookie drafted in the Lottery

OR

Package 2 = Rudy Gay - a guy who will be a restricted free agent and he's putting up 20 ppg, 6 boards, 2 asts while shooting 46% and having a per of 18 as his team sits only 2.5 games out of 4th place in the West!!!

Can you imagine that! Holy shit! Memphis!

And IF we did actually get Gay for package 1 isn't it possible that our team, which is only 8 games out of 5th spot in the fucking East lol could possibly make the playoffs and make the pick not so fantastic for Memphis?

I'm not sure which is the more desireable package for other GM's, which is why I'm posting this lol
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread