+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Billups saddened by current state of Pistons

Blog Entries

Billups saddened by current state of Pistons

Billups saddened by current state of Pistons

By Chris Dempsey

The Pistons’ blue-and-red had always been good to Chauncey Billups. Trips to the playoffs were commonplace, challenging for the title was expected. A championship was won. Wins were collected by the bushels.

Now, the Pistons are just a shell of the team that flourished in the early 2000s.

Wins are not only scarce, but a recent 13-game losing streak was just one loss away from tying the franchise record for losses in a row. A playoff trip is a long shot. A championship is out of the question. The Palace at Auburn Hills, once one of the hardest places to play in the NBA, now routinely houses thousands of unoccupied seats during Pistons games. Joe Dumars, Pistons president of basketball operations, is reportedly ready to start trading more players as they enter a major rebuilding stage.

Billups has watched it all from afar, shaking his head. Just two seasons ago, he was on a Pistons team that reached the Eastern Conference Finals. He remains in close contact with Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, Rodney Stuckey and Chucky Atkins, among others.

“It’s sad to me, man,” Billups said. “I’m always going to have a huge place in my heart for Detroit and for the Pistons. I hate to see them struggle like that. They are still my brothers that are still on the team going through that. I know what we all went through together. We never would have even thought of losing like that – 13 games in a row. That was never even a nightmare. I feel bad for them that they have to go through that. But it is what it is. What are you going to do?”
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/...ngs+Nuggets%29
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    There's just something in my eye.

Of course it's fucking sad.

Chauncey is probably thinking: "We coulda still been a contender."

Sure, during the regular season we wouldn't have been a 60 win team, or maybe even a 50 win team but it's the fucking East.

Playing .500 ball gets you a playoff spot and once there we'd get our heads right and smack some teams.

Instead, we're dangerously close to losing half the fucking fanbase and 75% of our games!

IF there is no trade at the deadline some people are gonna go nuts.

and micknugget will lead the charge
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

We'd win 50 games with Billups. We just wouldn't be a contender.
    STEW BEEF!

Would we make the second round or the ECF?

Cause if the answer to that question is YES then Joe killed it too early.

But I thought that when I found out Billups got traded and thought that this past off-season.

But what's done is done and Joe needs to make a move before the deadline. I can't wait to see what he can do...

Blog Entries
    Won't be able to do much unless Tay gets his broken, skinny ass on the court so we can trade him. I'm hearing that Q wants to bring him off the bench, but we'll see what Joe D has to say about that.
    Find a new slant.

He should come off the bench.

Give him 20 mins per to see where he's at.

And I don't believe for one second him sitting in a suit kills our chances of trading him. At this point he's not bringing back much on his own anyway.

To land any decent player we'd need to include something else (likely youth) but I think we can get expirings from a contender or a very young team (like OKC).

For a team like OKC Prince = veteran mentor, then cap space to retain the young guys without exceeding the threshold.

For a contender, if they can grab Tay for expirings it's a good move cause you have a short window (and a short time paying the tax) before you can let him walk.

But somehow I don't see Joe dealing Tay for expirings

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    yay or nay: trading Chauncey for capspace was a bigger mistake than drafting Darko

Oh, Jesus, Nay. Darko vs. Melo/Wade/Bosh almost assuredly cost us 1-3 titles and possibly still being relevent and exciting.

Trading Cbill cost us the potential for another ECF and made us younger at the very least. Trading him was the right thing to do, it's just a shame we couldn't get more for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Asberry
    yay or nay: trading Chauncey for capspace was a bigger mistake than drafting Darko
    Not even close. Darko cost us an all star player (Bosh/Melo).

If we had either of those players he wouldn't have traded Billups because we'd have been winning more titles than 1. He traded Billups because he knew this team had peaked and would not win again.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread