+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Karen Davidson putting the Pistons up for sale? (confirmed)

Do we want Wilson and a bunch of "investors" as owners?

Usually when Wilson's name comes up Mxy posts something about how "evil" Wilson is.

I don't know why Mxy considers Wilson evil but Mxy tends to research a lot of shit so I just agree that Wilson is evil lol

Do we want an evil owner?

And GD - WTF? Of course you can't own 2 NBA teams. Imagine the shitstorm when they played each other...
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, that was crazy on my part.

And I want no part of Wilson as majority owner.

Fool reported that Wilson was out trolling for a new job a couple of weeks back, that tells me that he knows he's on borrowed time.

And that interview with Mrs. D that Eli did last night was a joke. It was so obvious that she was, at the least, being less than forthright, but more likely, flat out lying.
    Find a new slant.

What is the deal with Wilson?

Why do you (GD) think Mxy claims he's evil?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

He's the main reason Carlisle was fired. He's generally a bit of a snake that had Davidson's ear any time he had a personal vendetta.

That said, he had Davidson's ear for so long because he's a very good businessman. He's not evil by any stretch. He was around for the glory years just like Davidson was. He was smart enough to let the GM do his job and not meddle.

Indeed. He's great at what he does.

Also, he's the guy most assume trashed everyone after they left the Pistons. That's the evil part I believe.
    STEW BEEF!

Great points here by Keith:

Josh (Caledonia, Mich.): I heard a report the Pistons are for sale. Could you please tell us whether this is true or not? Also, if it is true, how does it affect them staying in Michigan?

Langlois: Dozens of questions on this one, Josh. Karen Davidson, the wife of late Pistons owner Bill Davidson, released a statement late Wednesday confirming what ex-minority owner Oscar Feldman had earlier told Crain’s Detroit Business – her intent is to sell the Pistons. She spoke informally to reporters at halftime of Wednesday’s win over Boston and confirmed the same. Once the process gets put into motion, it’s going to take a lot of poring over the books to accurately assess the value of the franchise given the uncertainty of the times. What doesn’t seem uncertain to me is the future of the Pistons in Detroit. David Stern wouldn’t allow the Pistons to leave this market unless it was an absolute last resort. He signed off on Seattle’s transfer to Oklahoma City only because the team was bleeding money due to an unfavorable lease and the apparent lack of civic interest in remedying the situation. That isn’t the case in Detroit. The Pistons own their own building. And The Palace – still recognized as one of the finest arenas in the NBA – would be a major selling point to any prospective buyer. That’s why the media speculation that the Red Wings and Pistons will soon be looking to share a downtown Detroit building rings hollow. Whoever buys the Pistons is almost certainly going to be attracted by the moneymaking potential of The Palace – and the moneymaking potential of The Palace is largely undermined when you remove its primary tenant, the Pistons. And now and into the foreseeable future, the political will to sink $300 million into a new arena in Detroit – which is what I’ve been told it would take by people who know the business – simply isn’t close to being there, unless a private buyer wants to build it out of his own pocket. And good luck getting a bank to finance that today.

Did anyone else realize this entire season is the plot to Major League?
    Hype?

Nice.

"Win the whole ... fucking ... thing."
    STEW BEEF!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Wow! Who's who??

Featuring Ben Wallace as Jake Taylor.....

Jonas Jerebko as Ricky Vaughn....

Rodney Stuckey as Willie Mays Hayes....

George Blaha as Harry Doyle...

Kwame Brown as Pedro Cerrano....

Rip is Dorn??

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wojey

Selling Pistons is right thing, and Karen Davidson knows it

From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...#ixzz0dHLJuvTf
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread