+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Karen Davidson putting the Pistons up for sale? (confirmed)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMyers
    no stadium is going to do anything except lower attendance. People from Oakland County who have those $$$ tickets aren't going to want to drive down to the ghetto.
    Ford field and comerica park haven't had any trouble attracting people--when they're not polluting the field with historic losing seasons. If a pistons/wings venue were located inside the same little entertainment district bubble that the two existing stadiums are in, it wouldn't be an issue.

Pistons will not move from Auburn Hills. Don't see it happening ever. They have everything they want. The Palace, a practice facility, the airport nearby, and the players/owners/executives all live up there anyway. Going to Detroit will do nothing positive for them.

Now if we can get an owner that is not afraid to pay a little tax bill, that is a different story. Davidson must be spinning in his grave. She is basically selling everything he owned. First the house, now the team. Oh well its better for us if a competent person can purchase the team.
    Last edited by MikeMyers; 01-17-2010 at 12:56 PM.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Pistons will not move from Auburn Hills. Don't see it happening ever. They have everything they want. The Palace, a practice facility, the airport nearby, and the players/owners/executives all live up there anyway. Going to Detroit will do nothing positive for them.
    I agree. The Pistons have been in the area for 40+ years now, twice as long as they were in Detroit, and have enjoyed more success in that time than they ever did in Detroit, on many levels. There's no compelling reason to change, other than some fantasy that because the team has the name "Detroit" in it that it should be in the city proper. Besides, it's always worth a laugh to see those shots of the Detroit skyline from Windsor in the context of Pistons games.

Now if we can get an owner that is not afraid to pay a little tax bill, that is a different story. Davidson must be spinning in his grave. She is basically selling everything he owned. First the house, now the team. Oh well its better for us if a competent person can purchase the team.
    Agree on the Palace. I don't see them moving from Auburn Hills anytime soon, for the factors you mentioned and especially considering the millions of dollars they've spent renovating it in the past decade (North Tower addition, dungeon suites, Comcast Pavilion, West Atrium renovation, etc.)

As for Karen Davidson, Shoopy is absolutely right. As they once said on Family Guy, she funneled that old duffer's hog all those years, now she wants her money. Perhaps Gilbert will cut his losses on the Cavs if LeBron bolts and make a run at the Pistons.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Let's be realistic... she already has her money.

She may simply not be all that interested in running a sports team.

If no one else in the family is, then sell it to someone who will care and who will do the right thing. That's better in the long run for all concerned.

Really, Guardian Glass was Davidson's life's work. The Pistons were more like Davidson's toy race car.

I've been wondering about Ethan Davidson, an actual performing musician at one point, getting involved with the concert venues. His wife does music too:

http://www.myspace.com/ethandanieldavidson
    http://www.myspace.com/3238122

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Let's be realistic... she already has her money.

She may simply not be all that interested in running a sports team.

If no one else in the family is, then sell it to someone who will care and who will do the right thing. That's better in the long run for all concerned.

Really, Guardian Glass was Davidson's life's work. The Pistons were more like Davidson's toy race car.

I've been wondering about Ethan Davidson, an actual performing musician at one point, getting involved with the concert venues. His wife does music too:

http://www.myspace.com/ethandanieldavidson
    http://www.myspace.com/3238122
    My sister's high school boyfriend is in his band. I think he's too "anti-establishment" for all that.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

In other words, it'd be pretty silly to trade franchises and also pretty hard.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Confirmed: Karen Davidson hopes to sell Pistons

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...FREE/100119841

The franchise is now run by a five-person board: Karen Davidson; Ethan Davidson (William Davidson’s son from a prior marriage); estate trustees John Aaron and Eric Garber; and Palace Sports & Entertainment President Tom Wilson.
    Find a new slant.

Would Illitch go for the hat trick?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread