+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NJ/Det

Blog Entries

NJ/Det

Just read that the Nets are open to dealing Devin Harris, and not necessarily for expiring deals, they want "a young, future all star" in exchange.

So how about:

Stuckey
    Max
    Wilcox (expiring)

for

Devin Harris
    Josh Boone

The Nets get about a million more in cap room for this summer. We get our PG for the next 4 years, at least, and a project center with an expiring deal.

We also don't have to worry about re-signing/overpaying Stuckey, that would be their problem.

Thoughts?
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    You believe Devin Harris is significantly more of a true PG than Stuckey? I can't say i buy that. He creates plenty of plays for himself, but I can't say he is making any team better as a facilitator. As a scorer maybe(though his fire from last year seems to have cooled back to reality). Boone? Errrrrrrrr no thanks. Only thing I like about this is the removal of Maxiell.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    When Harris actually has somebody other than nbdl talent to pass to, yes, he is by far a better PG than stuckey. And I can't believe that I neglected to point out the max benefit, it was one of the main reasons for making the deal.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    When Harris actually has somebody other than nbdl talent to pass to, yes, he is by far a better PG than stuckey.
    Whoa, fuck you buddy I'd take Lopez every day of the week as someone for Stuckey to have down low over Devin harris living off kick outs to chuckers like he did in dallas. Our issues are in the frontcourt. This trade is very close to lateral imo. Come up with something that gets us Lopez while getting rid of Maxiell, Wilcox, and Brown. Shit give up those 3 and a 1st rounder, then sign whatever second rate FA big to fill out the bench you can find. I wonder what Summers value is?
    ^

I'm going to go ahead and guess Summers' value is relatively low. He's more like a throw-in for a deal to work financially than someone people are going to covet.
    _

Blog Entries
    You wouldn't want to give up what it would take to get Lopez, unless it's his brother you're after.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    You wouldn't want to give up what it would take to get Lopez, unless it's his brother you're after.
    If 3 first rounders and Maxiel will do it, i'm game.
    ^

I like Harris as a PG option but I'd rather have our big in place before we worry about our PG, especially when we're giving up what is essentially our top young prospect.

If we could land our big without parting with Stuckey, Wilcox and Max (say we dealt Kwame + Prince + Daye for someone) then I'd push for this deal.

C: Acquired via trade
    F: Super Nova
    F: Jonas Jerebko
    G: Rip Hamilton
    G: Devin Harris
    G: Ben Gordon
    C: Ben Wallace
    G: Will Bynum
    F: 2010 First Round Pick

After that season we'd need to replace Ben Wallace either via the MLE or through the Draft and then we'd basically be set with our squad for 3 years.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread