+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: SI's Heyman: Tigs In Play For Johnny Damon?

They should have signed him when he was a FA the last time. Tigs GM should have got rid of some of the contracts/players on the roster so they could have signed him.

The GM could have rid themselves of ??? forgot the players back then, but they could have done it.

I think I should start another thread to discuss this.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Tigers Johnny Damon wants to play for Rays

Johnny Damon would still like the opportunity to play for the Rays. It was just that this year he decided the opportunity was better with the Tigers, who gave him a one-year, $8 million contract. Damon said location was part of his decision. He wasn’t particularly comfortable playing rightfield (which is all the Rays had open), and he liked the idea of “taking a year off” from the daily grind of the AL East. (Plus Detroit’s Lakeland spring base allows him to commute from his Orlando-area home.) Damon also had some concern over the Rays’ payroll situation. But he sounds as if he’ll be watching closely and, perhaps, eyeing the chance to replace LF Carl Crawford if he leaves via free agency. “I knew they had some issues with what’s going to happen with Crawford and (Carlos) Peña, what’s going to happen with the payroll, all that stuff. I kinda felt like they had to get off to a great start, if not things could change,” Damon said. “I do love that organization. I probably am going to be rooting for them as soon as my playing days are over. And there’s still a chance in the future.” — St. Petersburg Times
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread