+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: SI's Heyman: Tigs In Play For Johnny Damon?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Daily News
    Report: Agent Scott Boras says ex-New York Yankees outfielder Johnny Damon has eye on Detroit Tigers
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Dumbrowski
    Hey Johnny, we'll be waiting here at the alter.
    Actually, I'm not sure that'd be the case, but a possibility nonetheless.
    Players meeting my ASS!

If he's on a 1 year deal (and it didn't cause us to go cheap on Verlander) I suppose I could live with it. Otherwise no thanks.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

This is interesting:

Damon has a .363 batting average, .412 on-base percentage and .961 on-base and slugging percentage at Comerica Park. Those are his career highs in all three categories at any American League ballpark.
    Last year he had 3 hits in 13 ABs at Comerica.

Starters were Verlander, Jackson and Porcello though.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Damon screwed himself out of a lot of money. I'd take him on a 1 year deal though provided it doesn't keep us from paying Verlander.

Damon is a Wings/Yzerman fan I guess:

http://www.freep.com/article/2010020...-Wings-Yzerman

These Johnny Damon negotiations are ridiculous. I think DD is part Peter Griffin.

Damon: I'd love to play for you.
    Dumbrowski: Not interested.
    Damon: I love greek people and octopi.
    Dumbrowski: I'll think about it.
    Damon: I love Eminem.
    Dumbrowski: Howabout $2 million for one year?
    Damon: Well the Braves were going to offer me $5mil. I don't really like the ATL, though.
    Dumbrowski: FINE. 2 years, $14 million. Damn I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

So I should hire that big-toothed salesman as an agent and get a $15m deal from the Tigers? Is that what you're saying, Mo?
    _

Did I mention the tank's a tank?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

+ Reply to Thread